By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Super_Boom said:

The treasure obtained in Skypeia is what that character used to return to Doflamingo, and seeing the island with his own eyes is what caused his change of character when he met Luffy again. Haki was first introduced in Skypeia, so even if it wasn't used until the Sabaody, it's our first exposure to it, and also a sign that Oda had it planned out well ahead of time.

Technically we don't need to know anything, but seeing the plot come full circle with events like this is what makes the manga so appealing. I can't tell you how many times I decided to re-read an old chapter in the 200s and laughing at how he had just hinted at something revealed in the 700s. Like pokoko said, it's not a feeling I get with many manga, and I can't think of any mangaka that pre-plan their stories better than Oda does.

Was it necessary for the Straw Hats themselves to go to Skypiea ? I don't care what the other crews are doing when the story is centered around the Straw Hats ...

What good is first exposure when the ability is mostly void of explanations ? As for the implication that Oda had planned this we don't exactly know since authors of long running shounens go around merging/updating plot points ... 

So foreshadowing is what makes One Piece so appealing ? Well no wonder why I'm not sold when I have to wait 200+ chapters just to see it in effect ...

Super_Boom said:

Considering that one of them has already returned in the manga, you don't have to hold your breath for much longer.

Seriously, this is a very strange manga to be skeptical about, when there's an established precedence for returning plot points and characters. 

1/4 isn't exactly inspiring and when are we going to see Gin of the Krieg Pirates again ? Are we ever going to see the Straw Hats reunite with Rayleigh, Kaya, Crocus, several giants, Vivi, and Conis too just before the ending ? 

Is Coby going to capture Luffy as he promised and the same goes with Helmeppo with his father ?

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Ahaha, I just learned that Keijo!!!!!! is getting an anime.  This is one that does not surprise me at all but I'm still kind of giddy thinking about how this is going to translate to the screen.  It's soo over the top and ridiculous but still with very good characters.

It's about a girl who enters a school for Keijo, which is a popular gambling sport where girls try to push each other into the water with techniques using only boobs and bums.  As you can probably guess, different girls have different advantages and there are classes like infighter, outfighter, and counter-fighter.  Amazingly, there really isn't all that much overt fan-service in the manga but I bet it gets turned up a notch for the anime.

I need this in my life.

ARamdomGamer said:

I need this in my life.

The best signature technique in all of shounen.

BasilZero said:

No one knows the name of the song :(!?

I don't know anything about Naruto music but maybe look in here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRS7dLrm3Xg

BasilZero said:
Sadness ;(!

I wonder why that one song cant be found but everything else can n_n

I still have the Naruto OSTs on my computer, and looked around for awhile. It sorta sounded like Avenger, but I don't think that's it. 

It's possible it's on one of the movie OSTs. A similar thing happened to me with Bleach, where two tracks I liked from the anime weren't on any of the anime OSTs, but on one of the movie OSTs instead. I don't have any of those for Naruto, so it might be worth looking into.

I can't think of anywhere that might have it though..or at least anywhere that I can endorse now. The only piracy I support is the kind that leads to Raftel.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

And so Basil's journey to find the song continues. Neither Versus,Boom, pokoko,nor I could find it and so he must continue alone... Will he find it? Tune in next week for the next exciting installment of dragon Ball Z.

Around the Network

Pretty sure its gonna be here: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Music

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

I'm pretty sure that Basil just made it up, like a woman, and uploaded a doctored video in order to fool us all.

pokoko said:
I'm pretty sure that Basil just made it up, like a woman, and uploaded a doctored video in order to fool us all.

It's the only explanation that makes sense.

So that's where KFC gets their chicken from

(Love what the new owner has done with the place btw)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

So that's where KFC gets their chicken from

(Love what the new owner has done with the place btw)

...I'm never going to KFC again. Gotta protect Papi from them as well.