By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Super_Boom said:

Ah man, Versus-sama...making me choose x.x

Favorite romance anime is likely Toradora. Everything about the show just was incredible appealing to me. It was an incredible emotional ride, and I found myself rooting for every character, which honestly doesn't happen often in these types of anime. It really hit it out of the park for me, and one of the few anime I'd give a 10/10. I honestly can't think of anything the show did wrong, other than maybe an underwhelming afterstory.

Toradora is an anime a lot of people seem to like but, personally, I didn't care for it very much, mostly because of the female lead.  She was abusive and selfish and awful as a person.  I much prefered the other girls.  Almost as importantly, I did not have much respect for the male lead for being a total sponge.  It just didn't make much sense to me.  I mean, I can understand that he has his own mental issues that draws him to someone needy, but that seems an awfully shallow reason.

Just something I think of whenever I see people talk about Toradora.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Toradora is an anime a lot of people seem to like but, personally, I didn't care for it very much, mostly because of the female lead.  She was abusive and selfish and awful as a person.  I much prefered the other girls.  Almost as importantly, I did not have much respect for the male lead for being a total sponge.  It just didn't make much sense to me.  I mean, I can understand that he has his own mental issues that draws him to someone needy, but that seems an awfully shallow reason.

Just something I think of whenever I see people talk about Toradora.

Taiga is most definitely an imperfect character, and has a lot of selfish moments, but at the same time, I found she grew much more likable for me as the story went on. She was definitely harsh at the beginning, but looking at her during the Christmas arc...or after the ski accident, it's really hard for me to treat her as a wholy selfish person. She was so desperate to keep Ryuji from learning about her feelings because of the promise they made, the last few episodes killed me. x.x

I suppose you could argue the initial impression was bad enough that she was beyond saving, or the subsequent plot wasn't able to overcome. Definitely not a viewpoint I share, especially in this case, but I've seen it enough that I usually resign myself to it. I have a habit of rooting for imperfect characters that grow with the story, and I usually feel like the minority in a lot of my fandoms. 

Can't really defend the abuse part...as some people don't mind it and some people do. I usually laugh at the abuse trope when it's done in a comedic context, since I find it easier to switch lenses when I watch shows like this. I just generally enjoy couples that employ the 'fighting like an old married couple' adage, so I often find the trope works with shows that I enjoy. Again though...mostly a preference thing that I won't try to defend.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Lets continue to share the LOVE!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Versus_Evil said:
So continuing with the theme of love and romance.

What is your favouite romantic anime?

Also, your favourite Anime couple?

I am thinking the closest neighbor is Sekirei...

As for favorite couple... gee, that's problematic... the closest thing to one I have is a favorite ship (RintaroxHonori from Dragons Rioting)... going with existing ones, ByakuyaxHisana from Bleach... 

uran10 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Nanoha? Nay. Tia and Arnage? Yay!

It has characters I want to hug (Erio and Tia come to mind) and characters I want to smash into a wall (all Cyborgs, the eponymous heroine and cardboard mage from Belka)... 

Wow why hate Nanoha? She is amazing, I just found tia annoying especially since she just loved to steal nanoha's techniques. There is only one true starlight breaker.

As Exuberant Witness would say... "I see what Cortana means about your penchant for violence as a first solution."

Irony, I also hate Subaru even though the aforementioned character from Dragons Rioting (Honori) looks like her if she used a halberd instead... must be the lack of a voice actress I hate and find cringeworthy (and chewable!)... 

Jranation said:

Your pictures lack women in little clothing! 

Jranation said:

Around the Network
Jranation said:

AsGryffynn said:

Your pictures lack women in little clothing! 

VGChartz always needs more men in little clothing! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Versus_Evil said:

THREAD UPDATE

Lets discuss

What sequels do you wish to see announced/released this year? for me they are

Since my list would go on FOREVER................. I would do my Top 5!

1. HOTD Season 2!!! OMG!!! This is one of the most popular animes out there! Someone needs to pick it up and continue the fucking manga! And then make an Anime for it! 

2. Kaichou Wa Maid Sama Season 2!!!!! This is one of the most popular ROMCOM out there! And im sure everyone would love more of Misaki and Usui!!! '

3. No Game No Life!!! Seriosuly MADHOUSE!!!! You better give me the continuation for that or another company can pick it up. Because Light Novels dont really get translated. And I hate novels in general. Plus the idea of it with the other race is very interesting! I think we gamers can relate to it! 

4. ANGEL BEATS!!!!! I actually prefer a remake of it, which explains how the other hcaracters died and their reasons of coming there. But a second season of either one of the endings would PLEASE ME! I love that fucking world! and the characters! 

5. Another!!! Well there was news last year that the creator of it is starting another new series of it soon, where it takes plays a few years after it. Which im very ecited for. I love animes which makes us guess who the culprit is! Plus there deaths are fun to watch XD 

Of course I have to mention these, but they already got a sequel confirmed: 

- AOT S2    - Tokyo Ghoul S3   - Food Wars S2      - SAO S3  

If they all releae this year..... OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!! 2016 is one hella of year! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ka-pi96 said:
For the poll... ewww dubbed.

For the question... Railgun 3 please

*fixed

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Stuff I want that's already confirmed... SAO3, Kancolle 2, AOT2, fate/kaleid 4

Stuff I still need to be confirmed. Gochiusa 3, Yuru Yuri 4, Non non biyori 3. Basically these 3 shows should go on to last as long as Simpsons.