By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Was the fate kaleid op even in that video? If not, installed fail.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Versus_Evil said:
I dropped Astericks, utarwarumono, OMP, anitmagic academy, teekyu (no longer able to keep up) and that training anime.

@bolded why??

I put Asterisk and Chivalry on hold because whenever I tried watching a new ep my memories always mixed up which anime was which and it became too confusing. Really too similar to watch weekly. I'll continue after they are over, finishing one first and then moving on to the other. Dropped OMP at ep 2 as well

I also dropped OPM from ep1. Im sure that its going to be VERY POPULAR and GOOD that the next anime convention i go to, lots of people will be cosplaying those characters and selling lots of merchandise. Its just that i don't really like those action+comedy, where the comedy is HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

LuckyTrouble said:
The fun part of One Punch Man isn't necessarily the fighting. It's a gag show. First and foremost, it's trying to make you laugh. If you aren't laughing at One Punch Man and are instead trying to watch it focused on the action, you're watching the show wrong. As it stands, they've done a good job so far introducing ridiculous characters and situations that make the OP MC seem more silly than a serious fighter.

Even for the fighting, they still have people who aren't completely OP duke it out before the MC walks in and brings down his fist of fury. I mean, I feel like the content has a pretty solid balance.

Definitely this...in particular the bolded. The main premise is really about Saitama's boredom and his inability to be recognized more than the actual fights. In a lot of ways, his character feels like a parody of characters in older shounen action manga like Dragonball Z and Fist of the North Star. Heck, some of the characters look straight out of a Toriyama work; I swear I saw that Hammerhead guy in the Majin Buu arc.

Personally, I like it a lot. It puts an exaggerated comedic spin on a character type I've seen a million times. Not that I dislike the character type, but it's definitely fun to see things switched up a bit now and again. I'll probably pick up the manga when this season ends, since it doesn't seem like there's much to catch up on.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I just found this amazing picture that I really want to share.

Oh my! I find her the best Character design in Kancolle. She's sooo cute with her robots.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Dropped Shomin Sample, the creators behind it have a very lame sense of humor ...

This last episode of Shomin Sample kinda sucked. They tried to make it dramatic in a stupid way, and it just ended up being stupidly boring. The last minute was the only quality part of the episode, and that was because it just went back to being ridiculous, which is why the first three episodes were so fun.

Hopefully the use of drama in future episodes is better done.

Antimagic Academy is bothering me too. The story telling just feels kind of disjointed and sloppy. Events don't seem to flow together smoothly, and the transition between events tend to be sloppy to nearly nonexistent.

The show itself isn't bad, but I'm getting really bothered by the somewhat lazy method of piecing together the story.

At first I thought that too but in the end the dramatic part and how they flipped it into comedy again seemed really natural. Overall I liked it.

The short rant of ojou-sama reminded me of this.
https://vid.me/8yY5/hatoko-s-rant-from-inou-battle

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
At first I thought that too but in the end the dramatic part and how they flipped it into comedy again seemed really natural. Overall I liked it.

The short rant of ojou-sama reminded me of this.
https://vid.me/8yY5/hatoko-s-rant-from-inou-battle

Stil one of the best individual scenes and voice acting performances I've ever come across in anime.  The main character got owned.  The rest of the series was average at best but I have this episode saved on my external.  

As for Commoner Sample, I liked that they said, "hey, here is something to set us slightly apart from the million other harem comedies."  Most interesting episode of the series.  I'll gladly take a little of the unexpected, especially with most anime is content to blend into the crowd.

LuckyTrouble said:

Antimagic Academy is bothering me too. The story telling just feels kind of disjointed and sloppy. Events don't seem to flow together smoothly, and the transition between events tend to be sloppy to nearly nonexistent.

The show itself isn't bad, but I'm getting really bothered by the somewhat lazy method of piecing together the story.

Couldn't really put it into words...but the last two episodes didn't really engage me as much as the first two. Which is odd, since the actual content is supposed to be much more climactic. I suppose it does probably have to do with how the story is flowing. Hopefully it improves as it goes on. I don't dislike it yet, but it seems like something I could just forget to watch or skip a week here and there.

I think the director is the character that interests me the most right now. Reminds me a lot of Mephisto from Ao no Exorcist.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334