By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

I don't get the OPM hype.... It was an alright start but nothing that made me really and truly want to see the next episode.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

No he wasn't. He was the good guy!

The narrative followed his story, but I'd also say he was intended to be the villain. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I recall an interview with the author actually being surprised that so many people were rooting for Light, and was actually disappointed with how the character met his end in the anime.

Which isn't really surprising...given how pathetic the guy looked as he died in the manga. The tone is almost completely different...

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Light is made to be a villain, but at the same time, it's hard to argue that L is exactly good. Sure, he's trying to catch Light and save lives. At the same time, the morality of his choices easily leads to L receiving the title of anti-hero. Although L is technically supposed to be the good guy, his actions and the actions of those trying to catch Light at all are morally ambiguous more often than not, following the idea that the end justifies the means. I can't recall Near and Mello all that well, but I don't seem to remember them exactly being paragons of good and morality.

To say there is really anything resembling a hero or a "good guy" in Death Note doesn't seem right. No matter who you chose to root for, every party was responsible for the deaths of others and, at best, highly questionable ethics.

Oh yeah, I watched Concrete Revolutio earlier. On a scale of 1 to wtf, the first episode ranks somewhat close to "wtf", but in a good way.

Im gonna dropped OPM. It gave me the same feeling as gangsta were im sure the anime will be good but it isn't my type of anime.

Edit: The anime did feel like Kekkai Sensen. Where these random villains pops up and destroys the city, a group of heroes tries to stop them, lots of comedy as well. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

The first episode of the latest Gundam series wasn't half bad.

Just watched my first two shows of the season. 

One Punch Man: Holy crap. Epic first episode. Madhouse did not dissapoint. Poor OPM got trolled though.

Rakudai Kishi no Calvalry:  OTP! Yeah I know it's only one episode and the story can change but whatever, so far it hits all the right notes with me. I enjoy the yin/yang theme...and also how they're already doing the first name thing...hehe. Yeah yeah laugh it up Uran.

Also magic and swords and stuff. Non-shipping stuff matters too....I suppose...*inspects wrist*

I'll wait to see people's general stance before picking up any more.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Tried JK Meshi. Did not know it was going to be a short. It is most certainly not Food Wars. The animation looks kinda fucky. Even at only 3.5 minutes per episode, I think this one is a pass.

ugh.. i'm already confusing Gakusen Toshi Asterisk with Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry..

but luckly Kekkai Sensen 12 finally is out.. someone must sub it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
ugh.. i'm already confusing Gakusen Toshi Asterisk with Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry..

Easy solution. Just watch the one that isn't complete shit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.