By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

This season has been great to me... Not as good as some others but really good. Next season on the other hand.... looks bleak to me.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
Why cant we just have a new Fate Zero, with a new holy grail war :(

IKR!!!!!! I really like the concept of FZ/FSN or like Mirai Nikki. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ka-pi96 said:

Agreed. Could have easily made it longer or added a 2nd season if they had wanted to. Oh well, better than ending on a cliffhanger and never getting a 2nd season like some anime do.

I think one season for this kind of story is fine, but I wish it was a 20+ episode season. Sometimes it takes me 10 whole episodes to get attached to the characters in the first place. Didn't take as long in this case, but it still felt like by the time I was really into the show, there were only like 5 episodes left. I don't like to be in that situation. XD

Overall, I was more than satisfied with it, but I think more episodes could only benefit the characters. Takajo, Yusa and her sister could have used some more focus, and I would have liked to get an episode or two from Nao's POV.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

But hey, long titles have been good to me. I've watched three shows with ridiculously long titles the past few months, and I've really liked all three.

Let's see. What piques my interest for next season?

Lance N' Masques - High probability of mediocrity based on the synopsis, but could be interesting.
Young Black Jack
Kagewani - Maybe. I think this is one where the first episode will basically seal whether or not I bother.
Heavy Object - I'm growing to like basically all non-Gundam mecha anime. Even if this is mediocre, I'll probably end up following it start to finish.
K: Return of Kings - The first season was fairly interesting and a decent watch. This is on my radar.
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - The plot sounds eerily similar to Absolute Duo. It's probably because it seems they'll play on basically all the same tropes. Might be okay.
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - I....don't know. It is already geared up for a 25 episode season apparently, so it might be worth a few episodes.
Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou - It looks so stupid, it might be great. Plus, I love parody AoT stuff.
Comet Lucifer - I feel like this will be ass. I'll still sacrifice at least 20 minutes to it though.
Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - Woo more super powered people
One Punch Man
JK-Meshi! - I just want Food Wars back already :'(
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken - Ecchi
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru - It sounds like a Japanese re-imagining of Bones, could be decent.
Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst - Will wait for uncensored bluray release

Oh, and I guess I'll keep an eye on that crappy vampire show, whatever it was called, that's getting its second season. I suffered the first start to finish, and hell, maybe the second will even be passable.

Around the Network

Okay so I think I'll do my naime round up starting with spring leftovers then going into the summer anime:

Denpa Kyoushi: meh.... that word comes to mind. It starts off with a good first episode and does nothing after to peek your interest. It tries with the final arc to do something but... meh. not worth it. 7/10 just cause I was generous but it deserves a 6.

Kyoukai no Rinne: I don't understand the hate for this one, I thought it was average and alright. I enjoyed it a lot more than denpa kyoushi for sure. Looking forward to season 2 even if this wasn't the greatest. 7/10 (my avg score)

Ore Monogatari: I enjoyed the first few episodes of this and it was nice, and cute and made you go aww. Then it started to get boring, and kind of repetitive. We get it, you're in love and its real cute... can you show us the side chars now? Yea, that happened after a while where the side chars became more enjoyable to watch than the main pair for me. 8/10

Arslan Senki: Oh boy, this one. Its going to finish in less than 12 hours so I will comment on it after that but right now, 9/10 one of the best anime this season.

Shoukugeki no Souma: Did someone say anime of the season or anime of the year cause we have a contender right here. Souma shocked me, down right surprised me by how good it was. I never thought I would care for an anime about cooking but I was more hyped for this than I was for most anime. Every friday I refreshed the page form 3:50 until 4pm until it showed up. Season 2 when 10/10.

World Trigger: I've enjoyed this one a lot more once it got to the invasion arc, I'm looking forward to its final 3 episodes. Currently an anime that worked hard for its 8/10.

Now with those guys out of the way I'll move on to the anime of Summer in a random order.

Aoharu X Kikanjuu: This one was all over the place for me, it had good parts it had bad parts, it had terrible parts. I expected a lot more from this one after episode 1 but it didn't really live up to it. You might enjoy it you might now I find it average and give it a 7/10.

Charlotte: This one I enjoyed a lot it is a very good anime even with its plot holes among other stuff. The issue? not enough episodes. Jun meada do me a favour, don't produce an anime unless you can get 24 episodes on lock. Thank you, 9/10 for personal enjoyment but not better than clannad nor the bit of little busters I've seen.

Classroom Crisis: This one was surprisingly good. Started off really slow, like really slow and then with those last few episodes just... wow. If you decide to watch this endure, I beg of you endure all the way through. Somewhere along the middle you will start to like this show and if you don't it wasn't for you but the 2nd half saved this anime big time 9/10 season 2 when?

Prison School: .................................................................................... watch it for yourself. I don't even know what to say about this one 8/10 I'd like a 2nd season, please.

Himouto! Umaru-chan: Do you like anime? Do you like gaming? Do you like SOL? Do you like annoying little sisters that sometimes have a sweet side? Then you will like this anime. The mountain of references and the lovable chars make this one of the more enjoyable shows this season for me. 8/10 I wouldn't mind more but then again I did get sick of K-on!! pretty fast.

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan: This anime is a typical guilty pleasure of mine. It does get better over time but.... the lack of budget kills it. The animation is lack luster but the growth of the characters is the main point of the show so yea... 7/10

Monster Musume: This show is disturbing... very disturbing. There are so many things wrong with this show that I don't even know how and why I finished it. Quite frankly the ecchi monsters are the turn off for me while they are the main point of the show. Suu is the saviour of this show, without Suu I don't know how I would have handled this anime. Please no more, no 2nd season. I'm good with what I got.  7/10 guilty pleasure that I will never watch again. ever.

Overlord: Comments witheld until final episode comes out but currently floating around that 8 or 9/10 area.

Jitsu wa watashi wa: Same as overlord currently around 8/10

Akagami no Shirayuki: Remember what I said about Ore Monogatarii? Well this one does it a lot better and doesn't get boring. The development is great and you just grow to love the characters especially the main couple. Can't wait for season 2 to start: 8/10 good romance.

Okusama no seitokaichou!: Boobs, ass...... it was a very good ecchi short. For those of you who fap like jizz does this has all the fap material you will ever need, the manga has more though ;) 7/10

Rokka no Yuusha: Why hello there 2nd anime of the season contender on my list. Rokka no yuusha is a mystery series first and foremost and I enjoyed every bit of it. The execution and everything was well done even following the first volume of the LN to a T. It needs a 2nd season, NEEDS ONE BADLY. 10/10 I figured it out since episode 6 :P

Shimoneta: If my sigs from the last couple of weeks weren't enough to convince you episode 4 should do it. Shimoneta is amazing! The concept is something that I truly enjoyed and my god.... Anna senpai <3. 9/10 give me a 2nd season and tons more Anna.

Gate: A fantasy story that follows the Japan military group lead by Itami. Honestly I found this one really good and I am very angry that the 2nd cour has been delayed. I was really hoping to continue it after the last few amazing episodes but now I have to wait it out. 8/10 if it continued an easy 9 or 10.

Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki: ..... This is bad, lots of plotholes and..... yea... good luck if you try it. 6/10

Joukamachi no Dandelion: This was a good, like really good. I enjoyed every second of this and its a really good feel anime. It helps your spirit up quite a lot but, it does have some very faint...... well some prominent hints of incest. It was just a really good anime all around though. 8/10 gonna read the manga soon.

To Love ru Darkness 2: I wont really comment on this one since I read the manga but yea, its about to get really good ;)

I made this list as spoiler free as possible so yea, Rokka and Souma are the only 10s I gave this season but overall it was an enjoyable season. Next season looks fairly tame in comparison.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Guess I'll throw up some shows I'm looking forward to for the fall season:

*still on the fence about it

K Return of Kings - enjoyed the first season so I'll keep my eye out for this one

Noragami Aragoto - more Noragami which I'm always up for (and Bones animation doesn't hurt either)

Owarimonogatari - from what I've heard, this is one that a lot of people are interested in so I'll probably end up checking it out

One Punch Man - not much other than I like its premise and the talent behind it

*Teekyu 6 - looks kawaii as fuck.  Don't know anything else about it

Yuru Yuri San Hai - love Yuru Yuri and I'm really excited to see more

Ore ga Ojō sama Gakkō no "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken - ecchi

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru - another one I've heard good things about and I love the premise

*Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? - another case of cute girls doing cute things but I've never touched the first season so I don't know what to expect.  Love the artstyle though

I'll probably end up picking more shows once they start airing. I'll probably end up posting my thoughts on this season once I finish watching everything I want to.  Still got some episodes to catch up on.

Okay, I'll do my run down despite two of my shows being an episode short of finishing.

Denpa Kyoushi - I agree that it started off well. I had high hopes for this show that largely remained strong through the first 12 episodes. Then we got the second half, where interactions felt more shallow, certain parts of the plot moved too slow, and other parts moved way too quickly. At the least, I'd say the first half is worth watching.

7.3/10

Arslan Senki - Unless the last episode manages to betray all of the good the series has done, I don't think my feelings will change. This has been an amazing adventure, and although I know the ending will not be the conclusive, amazing bit we're all hoping for, I do know it will satisfy me enough with all of the build up. This is one I'm glad I've followed, and is completely worthy of a watch.

8.4/10

Charlotte - The first half of the first episode is among the most horrifying things I have ever endured, but the show gets really good after that cringe fest passes. There are certainly plot holes, and this didn't have anywhere near the emotional impact that Clannad did (which I still haven't finished because FEELS), or Angel Beats for that matter. I wasn't overly satisfied with the ending either. It had good moments, but some characters really do feel under developed. Overall, it wasn't bad, but it just didn't come with that zing I was expecting.

7.5/10

Food Wars - Oh my god this show. I started watching it when it was only a single episode away from concluding two weeks back. I thought the show sounded kind of dumb, but I would give it a shot. I was hooked from episode one. I never expected a show about food to be this well done. I have absolutely nothing bad to say. This was a surprise hit for me, and I'm glad I randomly decided to give it a shot that night.

9.5/10

Monster Musume - This show. It made me so uncomfortable, not because I was repulsed by the monster girls, but because I was strongly considering which one I would take for my waifu. Let's ignore the fact that I wasn't completely turned off by the spider girl despite my irrational fear of spiders. By far the weirdest harem that ever was and that ever will be.

8/10

Prison School - This show also lands in the category of being unsure why I started to watch it, but I do know why I finished it. It's funny, brutal, and all kinds of strange. The ending was super satisfying, and I am uncomfortable with how high on my waifu list Hana ranks. This one needs a second season, and considering I hear it has stuck ridiculously close to the source material, I'd say it's worthy of continuing on.

8.5/10

Gakkou Gurashi - From episode one I was hooked, and the show progressed perfectly expect for the obligatory swimsuit episode that felt super forced and out of place. It might be the one time that I was completely against a fan service episode. That said, I thought the development of the characters was great, a certain event in particular kicked the feels train into express mode, and I look forward to it hopefully getting a second season.

8.8/10

Overlord - I watched the first episode when it was first available, then stopped watching. It just didn't do enough in the first episode to grab my interest. I went back when it was 11 episodes in. Yes. All my yes. This one surprised me in how good it is, too. The focus on the NPC characters and their interpretation of the world and events was amazing, and this is one series I will happily read the light novels for. Once again, unless the final episode somehow manages to betray all the good from the rest of the show, my judgment shouldn't change.

9/10

Rokka - This one is a bit harder to judge because, admittedly, I walked in less focused on the bit of the synopsis about there being seven braves when there should be only six, and more on the demon god bit. That said, I was pleasantly surprised at the turn the plot took towards mystery with action, and am reasonably looking forward to this hopefully getting a second season where more of the characters can be fleshed out a bit. I thought the mystery was nice, and although it became somewhat predictable, that didn't detract for me.

8.5/10

GATE - I'm getting tired of typing at this point, but let's just say I liked the plot, I liked the characters, and Rory is a top waifu pick for the season. I look forward to the second cour, though I share the delay disappointment.

9/10

God Eater - Ugh. Damn this show. Damn delays. It could have been a pretty but average work, but instead got delayed to hell and won't even properly finish. I'll still eventually watch the rest of this show, but they screwed it up, so, so badly. I can't even be bothered to rate it for content since it's all tainted by the fact that the show won't finish until the bluray collection drops.

5/10

My Wife is the Student Council President - Hentai masquerading as a legitimate production.

Many Faps/Many Faps

Otherwise I dropped everything that I didn't think I would really like. Chaos Dragon bored me in the second episode so I stopped watching. Gangsta felt too blah so I stopped watching. Ranpo Kitan was interesting, and I may go back, but I don't really feel like it. Sky Wizards was a huge sack of crap that I gave around four episodes before I quit it and never looked back.

Since everyone is doing it now, I'll join in as well!

FALL 2015!

Dance with Devils - I LOVE reverse harems! I also love the art style and the music that shown in the trailers

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - Very interesting and in-depth synopsis

Diabolik Lovers More, Blood- I cringe soooo much in the first one, soooooo lets why not cringe some more =D Its only like 10min per ep.

Noragami Aragoto - I watched the first one and i kinda liked it.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets-Sareta Ken - SOunds like your typical ecchi anime, but the poster grabbed me soooooo we will see.

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan - It looks and sounds like your typical romance, school, magic harem anime.

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru - I love mystery and this one sounds and looks really good

Star Mu - I liked Utapiri (only S1 though) So i'll check this out. It also has some of my fave voice actors in it.

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider - Sounds like the other mystery anime i mentioned.

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - Not really sure about this one but the poster reminds me of Log Horizon.

TBH I have very low expectations on this season <----- That could be a good thing since i will be less dissapointed and have more surprises on things.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Is Prison School really getting a second season?  I don't watch it but I did read a lot of the manga.  I ended up dropping it because I thought it completely and totally jumped the shark when suddenly the members of the "underground" student council were being treated like kind, misunderstood victims.  The trope where cute girls, no matter how evil, are a hug away from redemption is so predictable and annoying.