By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

I would be pretty happy to see Arslan completely conclude the entire tale. This has been a quality anime, and considering the story has been available for decades in full, it only seems right to finish it out. You know, assuming reception was good enough to warrant it. Either way, there is no possible way to finish out everything currently happening in a single episode.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

The series being so old might help, means there isn't a lack of content to adapt for the anime

It could just be a modern day advertisement for the novel which would disappoint me even more ... (There's hardly any fan translations of the novels.)

It kinda blows how almost anything other than a jump series gets continous anime adaptions ...

Ka-pi96 said:

Isn't the novel series still on going?

But yeah definitely want to see it continue as far as possible. I love the story and want to see more, but I'm just not a book reader so it has to be in anime form for me. Hope it was successful enough to continue.

Yes, the novels are still been serialized and I believe the new anime adaption only covers 5 volumes (same as the old adaption) so they could easily make another 4 cours ...

Ka-pi96 said:
LuckyTrouble said:
I would be pretty happy to see Arslan completely conclude the entire tale. This has been a quality anime, and considering the story has been available for decades in full, it only seems right to finish it out. You know, assuming reception was good enough to warrant it. Either way, there is no possible way to finish out everything currently happening in a single episode.

Isn't the novel series still on going?

But yeah definitely want to see it continue as far as possible. I love the story and want to see more, but I'm just not a book reader so it has to be in anime form for me. Hope it was successful enough to continue.

30 years and it's still going? How have they not concluded the story of Arslan after 14 novels? And not light novels, but novels. I mean, how much can you possibly write when the basic premis is "throne taken, take back throne"?

That aside, I would be happy with a second season that just manufactured a reasonable conclusive ending at this point. This is one anime that I really don't want to simply leave major plotlines unresolved because "lol second seasons".

Ka-pi96 said:

Who's Yuronoa Zoro?

One of my dumb jokes :P His eye scar made me think of the Roronoa Zoro from One Piece.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:

30 years and it's still going? How have they not concluded the story of Arslan after 14 novels? And not light novels, but novels. I mean, how much can you possibly write when the basic premis is "throne taken, take back throne"?

That aside, I would be happy with a second season that just manufactured a reasonable conclusive ending at this point. This is one anime that I really don't want to simply leave major plotlines unresolved because "lol second seasons".

It's more than that ... 

(Extreme spoiler at your own risk: Arslan decides to yield the throne back to Andragoras. )

Well, I'm disappointed. Apparently God Eater is going to end on episode nine now instead of doing the full 13 episode run due to the copious amount of delays between episodes that have thrown it completely off track. Instead of letting it bleed over into the next anime season, they're just going to end it on episode nine and then sacrifice the God Eater time slot to something else.

The last four episodes will be released with the DVD/bluray collections since they're already planned and at least half are likely already fully finished, but that means months until they're available.

Seriously. God Eater is the most disappointing anime this season. It isn't stellar, but it is beautifully animated and was decent enough to keep watching. Instead episode after episode got delayed, and the last third of the series is being delayed until it's forgotten in a DVD release that will probably sell like crap because nobody got to see if a third of the series was even worth watching.

Ka-pi96 said:

That doesn't surprise me. I mean he still refers to himself as the prince, as does everyone else. Besides you could also argue that Andragoras hasn't actually stopped being king yet.

That extremely surprised me when you considered Arslan's resolve to take the throne ...

He's a "crown" prince just so you know plus many of his associates known him as a prince for the longest time and he has yet to be formally appointed as king so referring to him as king didn't make sense at the time ... 

You can't argue that Andragoras hasn't stopped being a king at all because it was Innocentius VII who claimed the throne temporarily and not Andragoras ...

LuckyTrouble said:
Well, I'm disappointed. Apparently God Eater is going to end on episode nine now instead of doing the full 13 episode run due to the copious amount of delays between episodes that have thrown it completely off track. Instead of letting it bleed over into the next anime season, they're just going to end it on episode nine and then sacrifice the God Eater time slot to something else.

The last four episodes will be released with the DVD/bluray collections since they're already planned and at least half are likely already fully finished, but that means months until they're available.

Seriously. God Eater is the most disappointing anime this season. It isn't stellar, but it is beautifully animated and was decent enough to keep watching. Instead episode after episode got delayed, and the last third of the series is being delayed until it's forgotten in a DVD release that will probably sell like crap because nobody got to see if a third of the series was even worth watching.

@Bold That's just pathetic ... 

To think I even had I hopes for it was just sad. If Ufotable wasn't so stupid enough to do filler rather than the actual game's story they could've easily covered the first Arc in 10 episodes and not have to worry so much about their delays ... 

Ka-pi96 said:

Well he always could have declared himself king before it was all over. Like the princess in Aldnoah Zero did, she needed people to follow her so declared herself Empress despite her Grandfather still being around. Before leaving Peshawar would have been a great time for Arslan to have done the same.

Innocentius may have claimed the throne, but when it's all over he isn't exactly going to be in the Parsian history books as one of their former kings is he

He only came to that resolve of wanting to take back the throne after amassing an army just before the attack on Ecbatana. Him attempting to declare himself as king any earlier would've been too sudden and out of his character ... 

Andragoras still wasn't the king no matter how you cut it ... 

In one way that this wasn't a surprise was because Arslan had still respected his father so if it was any reason he refrained from been crowned king, that would most likely be it ...