By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

LuckyTrouble said:
Shadow8 said:

Dragon Ball Super dub premiering next month on Toonami.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/12/06/dragon-ball-z-kai-the-final-chapters-heading-to-toonami/

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/12/07/english-dub-of-dragon-ball-super-hit-anime-series-to-premiere-on-adult-swims-toonami-january-7-2017-at-8-p-m-and-1130-p-m-et/

It will also premiere with DBZ Kai's Buu Saga in the same night, so it'll be double the dragons each Saturday :P

They're making up for the fact that the first two seasons of Super are just rehashes of the most recent movies and are finding a way to keep people invested in Dragonball until Super gets good.

Pretty much. 

The Zamasu Arc is gonna be so good dubbed tho. Sean Schemmel as Black, yes please.

Around the Network

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Ok, where to begin, I guess with the general plot, in this anime humans have created a Wall of Severance to separate themselves from the bears, who grew violent and attacked humans after a far-off planet known as Kumaria exploded, turning into a meteor shower that fell upon earth. Two bears, Ginko Yurishiro and Lulu Yurigasaki, sneak through the Wall of Severance and disguise themselves as humans, enrolling in Arashigaoka Academy and taking an interest in Kureha Tsubaki, a human girl who despises bears. Now I really can't go much more into detail than this because spoilers, the first couple of episodes may start very weird, YKA is a show that uses a heavy ammount of symbolism and the like in its storytelling, tho past episode 3, the story itself becomes more clear and easy to follow.

And with that symbolism, you could have different interpretations of the message the anime is trying to convey, which is part of the magic of this show, different ways of interpretation and feelings will arise depending on how do you feel of certain events, about the characters, ect. It truly stands as one of its kind in the genre, plus the great artstyle, music and everything else makes what is right now my favorite yuri anime, I totally recommend it.

GAU GAU!

Great hearing about the dubs. Once DB Kai is completely dubbed I'll be able to watch it in the background while doing more important shit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yuru yuri won the last poll.

Next poll will be Christmas themed

Which anime has the best Christmas arc/episode?

And a topic to go with it.

Whats the best confession in anime on Christmas/Christmas Eve?

Pic of the day

Around the Network

Well I did it. I couldn't help myself and gave Haikyuu a 10 this time. That makes it the best sports anime for me. That increases my 10 rank animes to eleven.

Well it's the best sports anime until the finally decide to continue Saki.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ARamdomGamer said:

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Ok, where to begin, I guess with the general plot, in this anime humans have created a Wall of Severance to separate themselves from the bears, who grew violent and attacked humans after a far-off planet known as Kumaria exploded, turning into a meteor shower that fell upon earth. Two bears, Ginko Yurishiro and Lulu Yurigasaki, sneak through the Wall of Severance and disguise themselves as humans, enrolling in Arashigaoka Academy and taking an interest in Kureha Tsubaki, a human girl who despises bears. Now I really can't go much more into detail than this because spoilers, the first couple of episodes may start very weird, YKA is a show that uses a heavy ammount of symbolism and the like in its storytelling, tho past episode 3, the story itself becomes more clear and easy to follow.

And with that symbolism, you could have different interpretations of the message the anime is trying to convey, which is part of the magic of this show, different ways of interpretation and feelings will arise depending on how do you feel of certain events, about the characters, ect. It truly stands as one of its kind in the genre, plus the great artstyle, music and everything else makes what is right now my favorite yuri anime, I totally recommend it.

GAU GAU!

You forgot to mention the epic OP/EDs.

Finally I watched Kimi no na wa  today !

This is greeeeeeeat movie !!!  

People keep saying that. Maybe I should have a look.

vivster said:
Well I did it. I couldn't help myself and gave Haikyuu a 10 this time. That makes it the best sports anime for me. That increases my 10 rank animes to eleven.

Well it's the best sports anime until the finally decide to continue Saki.

I just watched the last episode, and holy hell that was a phenomenal finish. I completely agree with that 10/10. Although the next arc is a training arc coming up in the not yet announced season four, I have high hopes that it will continue to be an excellent series and balance out well with the high adrenaline season three.