By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Homefront (and entire Crytek UK) acquired by Deep Silver

Burek said:
Update: Crytek has issued a statement detailing further changes to its operations following the divestment of the Homefront IP. The developer also says that, in accordance with UK law, all staff from Crytek UK will transfer to Deep Silver to continue work. This indicates that Crytek will no longer have a UK presence.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/30/deep-silver-now-owns-homefront-new-studio-handling-development.aspx

Now all thats left is to buy the rights to the Timesplitters IP..

Around the Network

So, Crytek has sold the IP and the game to Deep SIlver, who has also "inherit" the studio developing the game (or at least the remains of it, since we don't know how many people left during these last days/weeks).

Kind of good news for Crytek that has gotten some money and now has one less studio to worry about, good news for Deep Silver that not only have gotten the game they wanted but also the studio that was making it (they sure knew about that law that forces them to also keep the studio) and also good news for Free Radical/Crytek UK/ whatever-they-may-be-called-now as their situation is now better than before, at least for now.

But most importantly, good news for those who were expecting the game.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

They had no problem giving up Homefront but they refused to let MS have Ryse? Go figure.

Well I'm guessing there will be more news coming out of Crytek. They just keep on giving.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

That's good to know.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54