By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

BraLoD said:
I think Sony have a point there, preventing the company to start something that can affect the whole current system there, when all of them might wanna start programs like this and PS+ (and XB system too) would becomw pointless and players would be tied with lots of memberships and end up paying more than needed.
While I think the value still can be good to some people now and that's gonna be bad to some PS players wanting to get it, I think Sony did a wise move.
PS+ offers great value to a all-in-one service and it's very simple to manage. And now with PSNow too getting tied with more and more things could become troublesome, expensive and too much flooded. I hope it stops with EA..., and Sony move will help it to not spreed.

Wouldn't Microsoft be getting a cut of the profits though? which might negate any game losses that GWG or PS+ would suffer.

Around the Network
BillyBong said:

Happy gaming folks.. or shall I say soon.. Happy renting folks.  the wheels have been turned..

Sony is going in that same route with PS Now, subscribing to have access to a pool of content. Which currently they are price gauging because they are 1st place (and thus who's gonna stop them). Now they make decisions for you and remove the option for choice. And you defend them. Huh.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

BraLoD said:
I think Sony have a point there, preventing the company to start something that can affect the whole current system there, when all of them might wanna start programs like this and PS+ (and XB system too) would becomw pointless and players would be tied with lots of memberships and end up paying more than needed.
While I think the value still can be good to some people now and that's gonna be bad to some PS players wanting to get it, I think Sony did a wise move.
PS+ offers great value to a all-in-one service and it's very simple to manage. And now with PSNow too getting tied with more and more things could become troublesome, expensive and too much flooded. I hope it stops with EA..., and Sony move will help it to not spreed.

Basically Sony came into the "online paywall" game  two gens too late, and now this magical source of revenue is threatened by EA's own model. No wonder they said no to it lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

And PS now does?
I can't facepalm hard enough

sales2099 said:
BillyBong said:

Happy gaming folks.. or shall I say soon.. Happy renting folks.  the wheels have been turned..

Sony is going in that same route with PS Now, subscribing to have access to a pool of content. Which currently they are price gauging because they are 1st place (and thus who's gonna stop them). Now they make decisions for you and remove the option for choice. And you defend them. Huh.

psnow is different.. for the mere fact that it is specifically a service to play an older backlog of games not meant for this new gen.  you say price gouging while not understanding that they are still playing around with pricing models (nothing set).  it's a balance of what titles will be available and what's a fair price point to play them (assuming it's not going to consist entirely of SCE games, they will need pay other devs & pubs for rights to rent out non SCE games).. not to mention, psnow isn't only for the ps4.  As for the option.. yes, it would be nice to have an option, but Sony didn't need it, which didn't bug me.  With what PS+ was already offering and PSnow in the works, I already got/am getting a great value.  Could you say the same thing with XBL Gold?  But go ahead and assume they made a decision for me.  Sony made a decision for Sony..

not all that glitters is gold, ya know.

as for sony being #1.. lol.. it's not MS didn't blunder it themselves and handed Sony the lead.. it's funny how you can target them when it was all MS's own doing.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network

I'm guessing Microsoft payed EA to keep it exclusive, it's not exactly a huge blow to Sony or a big win for Microsoft. Though I'll probably get the service myself once they add more games into the vault.

And why is everyone bitching about Playstation Now? The damn thing hasn't even released yet.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

BillyBong said:
sales2099 said:
BillyBong said:

psnow is different.. for the mere fact that it is specifically a service to play an older backlog of games not meant for this new gen.  you say price gouging while not understanding that they are still playing around with pricing models (nothing set).  it's a balance of what titles will be available and what's a fair price point to play them (assuming it's not going to consist entirely of SCE games, they will need pay other devs & pubs for rights to rent out non SCE games).. not to mention, psnow isn't only for the ps4.  As for the option.. yes, it would be nice to have an option, but Sony didn't need it, which didn't bug me.  With what PS+ was already offering and PSnow in the works, I already got/am getting a great value.  Could you say the same thing with XBL Gold?  But go ahead and assume they made a decision for me.  Sony made a decision for Sony..

not all that glitters is gold, ya know.

If you don't think PS Now is the way SONY is heading.. then you aren't paying attention.  It is very much likely that the PlayStation 5 will be just a PS Now device. We could even see this happen later in the PS4's lifecycle. Where new titles for PS4 are released on PS Now. 

Subcribtion models are the way all media/entertainment is heading.. First movies and music..  then games..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

250+ responses in 8 hours. HOW did this happen?

IamAwsome said:
250+ responses in 8 hours. HOW did this happen?

Certain people revel in negative Sony news. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

cpg716 said:

If you don't think PS Now is the way SONY is heading.. then you aren't paying attention.  It is very much likely that the PlayStation 5 will be just a PS Now device. We could even see this happen later in the PS4's lifecycle. Where new titles for PS4 are released on PS Now. 

Subcribtion models are the way all media/entertainment is heading.. First movies and music..  then games..

I understand the implications of PSNow.. no different from X1 and it's whole cloud console fiasco.. that's besides the point.

but you do realize what EA Access is doing and where that could lead to?  but go ahead and lap it up.. it's your choice, which is fine.  like i said.. short term wise, this could be fine.  long term.. it's basically the death of 2nd hand game retailers.. and now you're forced to either buy a game new or subscribe for an older title.  then when everything goes digital.. happy renting and owning nothing.

p.s.  subscription models are where all media/entertainment is heading.. but you don't own anything you subscribe to.. which means when your subscription ends.. so does all your media/entertainment.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..