By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

Burek said:
BenVTrigger said:

Good job Sony, nothing better than not giving gamers a choice.

And what the hell are they thinking with this PR and openly throwing a 3rd party under the bus? One of the more foolish choices I've seen from Sony in a while.

I expect nothing less but a formal statementitby Yoshida or House, retracting those words and appologizing to fans and EA.

I know that as a PS4 gamer I got screwed out of this deal, and the appoligy won't return it, but I think we all deserve a better explanation than, to paraphrase: "We know our customers are idiots who cannot decide for themselves, so we decided to make choices for them."

Just saying it doesn't fit into their corporate strategy would have been much better.

Ironically I was just thinking yesterday how I wish I could get this on PS4 as well as X1 because I dont have Battlefield 4 yet for Playstation and will be getting Dragon Age Inquisition and Hardline on PS4 so it would have been nice to get cheaper DLCs for them.

if Sony truly blocked this from PS4 it is beyond aggrivating.

Around the Network

Okay so, Playstation Now model is better...paying $5 for 4 hours. Got it.

Matthewconner2100 said:

Augmented with 720p, compression artifacts and added delay to input - definitely a better value than EA Access. Better value to the Playstation Gamer

(aka our beloved cashcow that should give money only to us -  and yes,others think so, toos)

It's a mistake on Sony's part IMO.

EA's sports games are pretty much a money standby for most people, if I have guests over, sometimes I have a friend that loves say FIFA.

I don't want to have to buy FIFA just to play the occasional Saturday night when he's over, so a service like this would've been fine with me.

walsufnir said:
Matthewconner2100 said:

Augmented with 720p, compression artifacts and added delay to input - definitely a better value than EA Access. Better value to the Playstation Gamer

(aka our beloved cashcow that should give money only to us -  and yes,others think so, toos)

I was actually somewhat defending Sony and PSNow in the last EA Access thread but after this theres zero way to defend them.

saying EA Access is bad for gamers and then offering insane pricing on Now with worse quality is rediculous.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
walsufnir said:
Matthewconner2100 said:

I was actually somewhat defending Sony and PSNow in the last EA Access thread but after this theres zero way to defend them.

saying EA Access is bad for gamers and then offering insane pricing on Now with worse quality is rediculous.

All you ignorant idiots bringing up PS now pricing when it is not fianl are just that idiots:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-may-offer-a-subscription-option-for-playstation-now

Sony is looking at new pricing as we speak.

ChaosPlanet said:
BenVTrigger said:
walsufnir said:
Matthewconner2100 said:

All you ignorant idiots bringing up PS now pricing when it is not fianl are just that idiots:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-may-offer-a-subscription-option-for-playstation-now

Weazel, is that you again? 

~Mod Edit~

FlamingWeazel posts are not worth considering.

-Smeags

ChaosPlanet said:
BenVTrigger said:

Meanewhile PS4 gamers have to PAY those ridulous prices to to try the beta.

To all PS fans here: You guys enjoying 1st place......cause so far I am seeing outrageous pricing for their own services as well as denying customers choice.......making decisions for them.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

~Mod Edit~

FlamingWeazel posts are not worth considering.

-Smeags