By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

LudicrousSpeed said:

We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer.”

Oh, I guess that explains all the other subscription services you have on PSN and of course PS Now, which has pretty steep prices.

Remember guys, #4theplayers. Looks like Sony just doesn't like competition to their services on the platform. But I guess not providing consumer options is ok this time? I see some people are already lapping it up and even giving Sony praise for making decisions for them.

Its not like Sony is making the choice to not let this service come to PlayStation, Sony is obviously upset about EA'S DECISON to make this an excluisve to MS and decided to make this statment. I highly doubt Sony would not allow this service to be on there console seems more like EA's choice.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network

Sony deciding what's good for their consumers without giving them choice?

Sounds like a certain company in E3 2013.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ErwinMoC said:
Mr Puggsly said:

It didn't matter what was inside the PS3. The price tag was ridiculous for a game console with visuals at par with the 360.

This is why the PS3 didn't thrive until they fixed that problem.

Funny, you clearly have not played the PS3 exclusives, also it was the best and the cheapest blu-ray player.

I've played the best looking PS3 games. They were visuals at par with the 360. Also, those games didn't exist when PS3 was $599.

Once again, $599 was still more than most people wanted to pay... even if it had a Bluray. But that problem got fixed just like mandatory Kinect.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

This is the first time since E3 2013 where I would say Sony is doing something wrong.

I dont know why you all citing the annual fee for this services? Do you really play all your games for full 12 months?
It is 4 €/ month and if I feel like playing some Fifa or madden in august/september when the seasons starts, or some mates come over to play some Fifa etc , I can just go and pay 1 month instead of forking out 70 € for the current year version or 30 -40 € for the last year version. Its still a bargain and I save A LOT of money. Because next months I might not want to play those games, so I dont pay.

And Im not afraid if other publishers follow EA. Even if Ubi decides to do a similar service and if it even has only 1 game that I want, Im gonna give them 4 € and rent the game for 1 month. This is really cheap.If I would rent the game from a like blockbuster store it would cost me 60 € for 30 days. Compare this to 4 €!

And in a month where lets say I want to play a game from EA, one from Ubi and one from Konami - well thats 12 € than, but still a lot cheaper than buying the 3 games especially in the digital scores.

So I dont think its up to Sony to decide what has value for me.They should finally reveal what their PS Now service is about, and if they stick with that high pricepoints.

Seriously Sony? Please don't mess up with your success. the EA Access got more interesting games for players than the free ps+ games. and it's not a mandatory subscription like the ps+ to get access to MP. So why would Sony decide in substitution of the customers ? that's a barrier to entry for EA there.

Around the Network

Also:

“PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200% since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price."

It shows that gamers want to play online and you forced them to go through a paywall.....you culture stealers you ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Richard_Feynman said:

I would really not mind paying $30 x 4 = $120 per year and have them competing in the value stakes. That, to me, sounds like a situation wherein I'll have constant access to a wide variety of great games. Moreover, I'll be able to try out things I'd have never managed to convince myself to pay for outright.

Of course it might get stuffed up somehow - the jury is out.

Well, looking at it that way it doesn't sound too bad in general. Especially if it will really make publishers compete. I am just generally weary about he subscription heavy foucs everything seems to be gravitating to these days. And the more of them tehir becomes, the more worried I become.

BenVTrigger said:

Good job Sony, nothing better than not giving gamers a choice.

And what the hell are they thinking with this PR and openly throwing a 3rd party under the bus? One of the more foolish choices I've seen from Sony in a while.

I expect nothing less but a formal statement by Yoshida or House, retracting those words and appologizing to fans and EA.

I know that as a PS4 gamer I got screwed out of this deal, and the appoligy won't return it, but I think we all deserve a better explanation than, to paraphrase: "We know our customers are idiots who cannot decide for themselves, so we decided to make choices for them."

Just saying it doesn't fit into their corporate strategy would have been much better.

riecsou said:
I really like this news and the price of EA Access. It will make sony lower their price on PS now cause right now the prices are ridiculous. That is the good thing about competition

why would it force them to lower there prices its on ps so tech sony does not have competition on there console

riecsou said:
I really like this news and the price of EA Access. It will make sony lower their price on PS now cause right now the prices are ridiculous. That is the good thing about competition

I highly doubt this will affect the price in any way. As Sony just said, over a 200% increase in membership since PS4 launched.

If anything if the sales gap remains or grows, you're far more likely to see a price increase than a decrease.