By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita deserves so much better!

Vita and the Wii U attract such absurd levels of undeserved praise from their fans. It's fascinating.

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:

I mean I keep seeing how the Vita's best game is P4G, and that's an enhanced PS2 game. 

The funny thing being, it was also one of 2012's highest acclaimed titles full stop. Shows how far gaming has fallen lately.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Slade6alpha said:

I mean I keep seeing how the Vita's best game is P4G, and that's an enhanced PS2 game. 

The funny thing being, it was also one of 2012's highest acclaimed titles full stop. Shows how far gaming has fallen lately.

Funnier thing....

PS4: TLoU  (Port from 7th Gen)

WiiU: SM3DW

X1: Rayman Legends  (Port from 7th Gen)

PSV: Persona 4G  (Port from 6th Gen)

3DS: LoZ OoT  (Port from 5th Gen)

Purple said:
Vita and the Wii U attract such absurd levels of undeserved praise from their fans. It's fascinating.

I take it you have played some of the best exclusives on it and have not been impressed with it, hence this comment about undeserved praise, right? Please let us know which games you played and thought that they weren't as good as the psvita fans praise them to be. I, for one, don't own a wiiu and thus avoid making such comments about the wiiu fans overpraising their console, due to my ignorance on the topic.

Which supposedly great psvita games let you down the most when you played them?

tbone51 said:
MikeRox said:
Slade6alpha said:

Funnier thing....

Thanks for this great post, tbone. I think this really puts things into perspective. Even if LoZ is the highest 3ds exclusive, it doesn't mean that the console doens't already have an impressive library.

Around the Network
naruball said:
tbone51 said:

Funnier thing....

Thanks for this great post, tbone. I think this really puts things into perspective. Even if LoZ is the highest 3ds exclusive, it doesn't mean that the console doens't already have an impressive library.

I wasn't having a dig at Persona 4, the Vita release was a blessing for me. I really don't get the hate towards these remakes and ports personally as a good game is a good game. Vita has been my primary system for a good 2 years now (100+ games) and each PSN update seems to bring another interesting game no one has heard of or cares about.

As far as handheld gaming goes, nothing comes close to the Vita. It's quite simply the best handheld I've ever owned, and I've owned more than most inc Neo Geo Pocket Colour, Wonderswan and Gizmondo.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
naruball said:
tbone51 said:

Funnier thing....

I wasn't having a dig at Persona 4, the Vita release was a blessing for me. I really don't get the hate towards these remakes and ports personally as a good game is a good game. Vita has been my primary system for a good 2 years now (100+ games) and each PSN update seems to bring another interesting game no one has heard of or cares about.

As far as handheld gaming goes, nothing comes close to the Vita. It's quite simply the best handheld I've ever owned, and I've owned more than most inc Neo Geo Pocket Colour, Wonderswan and Gizmondo.

I know, Mike. Don't worry (I mean I've seen hundreds of posts from you on the vita thread). But there are actually people who don't know much about vita or actually hate it because it's a ps console and would use this as ammo for their war against the poor console. Same with Wiiu. So, I think tbone's post is worth bookmarking just to show that it doesn't mean anything other than the remake being an amazing game.

1. To expensive
2. Mobile Phones and 3DS
3. Most of it's games only appeal to Japanese gamers (Few exceptions)

Vita is definitely an amazing piece of hardware. It'd be pretty hard to deny that. However, when it comes to gaming, software is of utmost importance and that's where Vita falls flat sadly. It doesn't seem like much wuld change in the future either like with the case of the ps3/4

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler