By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gamescom 2014 official thread. PS4 10 million SOLD. Until Dawn. TearAway PS4. shit loads of games. Hellblade. so much more!

TechnoHobbit said:

Is that 9.9 million number sold in (aka shipped) or sold through?

I honestly find it hard to believe that VGChartz somehow under tracked by nearly 600k in July. Wasn't it within 150k total back at the end of June for both the US and JP?

sold through

and its over 10mil they said they exceeded 10mil ...

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
bugrimmar said:

I already knew about all those games months ago.

of course you did. these games are announed more than a month or two before release. what did you expect, Guerrilla Games to announce their new IP and say its releasing next month? there are shit loads of AAA games coming to PS4 between now and March 2015. not really sure what you guys want, for Sony to announce  a game and release it 3 years in the future

Yeah, that's what I'm curious about also.  Clearly Sony won't be dropping any additional IP this year, because of the partnerships with Far Cry 4, and Destiny.  And clearly the first 2-3 months of 2015 are packed.  I think Sony has shifted from the previous gen, where they'd announce anything that's in the pipeline regardless of how far out, and instead only focusing on specific sets of games releasing in a sooner rather than later timeframe.  Which I think is great, because we saw how hype built and died for games like GT5/TLG, why announce something so early?

I thought it was a good show also, but yeah I agree, not really sure what else people were expecting.

TechnoHobbit said:

I honestly find it hard to believe that VGChartz somehow under tracked by nearly 600k in July. Wasn't it within 150k total back at the end of June for both the US and JP?

Sony explicitly said sold through. And considering VGC overtracked the 360 in Germany by over a million, this is not surprising at all.

bananaking21 said:
bugrimmar said:
bananaking21 said:
bugrimmar said:
You guys who keep saying it was a great conference don't understand.

Lots of people don't like playing these indie stuff. Personally, I only have a small amount of time to play. Thus, I only play games that I know are the absolute best. I will only buy games like The Last of Us or God of War and that stuff is what I want to see.

This conference showed none of those things. Thus, no matter how many indie stuff they show, it's still a worthless bunch for me.

Destiny, farcry, LBP, Driveclub, The Order and Bloodborne are all small indie games? these are all releasing within the next 6 months. 

of course you did. these games are announed more than a month or two before release. what did you expect, Guerrilla Games to announce their new IP and say its releasing next month? there are shit loads of AAA games coming to PS4 between now and March 2015. not really sure what you guys want, for Sony to announce  a game and release it 3 years in the future? 

I wanted something new that I would play. I didn't see anything new that I would play. No new AAA title. Thus, the show was useless for me. You like indies, go ahead. You like seeing trailers of existing games, go ahead. That shit's not for me.

bananaking21 said:
bugrimmar said:

of course you did. these games are announed more than a month or two before release. what did you expect, Guerrilla Games to announce their new IP and say its releasing next month? there are shit loads of AAA games coming to PS4 between now and March 2015. not really sure what you guys want, for Sony to announce  a game and release it 3 years in the future? 

Agreed. It's a bad decision to announce a game too early. Otherwise, the hype and anticipation for that said game will die out to soon.

Around the Network
Lusche said:
TechnoHobbit said:

sold through

and its over 10mil they said they exceeded 10mil ...

Ah, I was looking at an old "rumor" (from a few hours before the conference). 

Do we know the exact date the tracking goes though yet?

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Guys Im not gonna argue with you. For those that enjoyed the conference aweseome. I saw a lot I liked as well.

I just wanted some big AAA that is all. Lets stop aeguing about it though. Peace Im off to go play P.T. aka The Phantom Pain / Moby Dick studios 2.0

bananaking21 said:

100% Exactly, its one thing to have an endless supply of resources and be one hell of a profit generating machine, but the fact that Sony is taking more reserved spending to allow the part of the company to recoup cost's shows that at least they are looking to grow the profit center of playstation.

It takes a lot of time to produce those AAA big budget games, and that also means that if other companies are going to outspend you anyway, its better to atleast still be in the black while they outspend you. instead of not only are they outspending you but also you are in the red trying to irk out a lil bit of profit and perception of Mind share , that to be blunt cost's your company more than just money and profits, but also a small gain at the expense of health of your company. Its better to spend on Tier 2 indies that cost low investment and can in effect gain much higher returns for its investment cost's than flush large gobs of money that may or may not be enough of a sales platter to fill the money empty stomach of your companies belly.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Are people really complaining about what Sony showed today? It was awesome and the only worth wile thing MS showed was that Tomb Raider was now exclusive. Which does absolutely nothing for Xbox fans because they knew they were getting it already.

How someone can be disappointed with what Sony showed and not MS just astonishes me.

Wild looks awesome and a bunch of other games like Day Z, Until dawn and Tearaway were announced. People just saying they saw new indie games are blind.

joeorc said:
bananaking21 said:

100% Exactly, its one thing to have an endless supply of resources and be one hell of a profit generating machine, but the fact that Sony is taking more reserved spending to allow the part of the company to recoup cost's shows that at least they are looking to grow the profit center of playstation.

It takes a lot of time to produce those AAA big budget games, and that also means that if other companies are going to outspend you anyway, its better to atleast still be in the black while they outspend you. instead of not only are they outspending you but also you are in the red trying to irk out a lil bit of profit and perception of Mind share , that to be blunt cost's your company more than just money and profits, but also a small gain at the expense of health of your company. Its better to spend on Tier 2 indies that cost low investment and can in effect gain much higher returns for its investment cost's than flush large gobs of money that may or may not be enough of a sales platter to fill the money empty stomach of your companies belly.

thats not the case though.

Sony Bend has been developing a PS4 game for almost 3 years now.

Guerrilla Games for 3 years now

Quantic Dream for 2+ years

Media Molecule for 3.5+ years

we know Guerrilla Cambrigde also started working on a PS4 game and SSM is also working on another game with Cory Barlog leading the title. 

the thing is, if Bloodborne and LBP3 are anything to go by, is that Sony isnt blowing their load to soon. they are announcing stuff not to far away from release.