By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Planning on getting a PS3 and need some help

I would see how PS Now plays out over the next couple of months since you are not in a hurry. You could easily beat Uncharted 1 - 3, TLOU, Killzone 2 and 3, Heavy Rain, Journey, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Folklore, Resistance 1 - 3, GOW3 and GOW:A, Demons Souls, MGS4, Infamous 1 and 2, LBP 1 and 2. The Ratchet and Clank Games, All 3 Motort Storm Titles, and more for less than it would cost to buy a PS3.

If, however, you have to have physical copies to enjoy games, then any PS3 bundle this holiday would be the best deal. Black friday may even spot you one with something more for less than $150.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Anyone not in a rush to buy a console should wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. That goes for games, too. I check Amazon several times a day during that period. It's how I ended up getting my Vita bundle at such a great price.

fluky-nintendy said:
What type of games you prefer? The list is too vast, but I'm sure you'll find something you like.

If you're looking for a new console I recommend 500gig Super Slim with a game.

A second hand Slim model would be better because they are more reliable though, I think Slims models had up to 500gig as well, but a 320gig was fine for me and I have a ton of digital games.

I just like good games lol genres don't matter to me I just like the type that's good

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

AZWification said:

Regarding the games, I think you should get the following games:  Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Infamous 2, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, God of War III and LittleBigPlanet!

But you shouldn't play those without also getting Uncharted 1, Infamous 1, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, and LittleBigPlanet 2!

DarkRPGamer007 said:
fluky-nintendy said:
What type of games you prefer? The list is too vast, but I'm sure you'll find something you like.

If you're looking for a new console I recommend 500gig Super Slim with a game.

A second hand Slim model would be better because they are more reliable though, I think Slims models had up to 500gig as well, but a 320gig was fine for me and I have a ton of digital games.

I just like good games lol genres don't matter to me I just like the type that's good

Well, my favorite games are the Uncharted trilogy, but I'd also recommend (Out of the games I've played) The Last of Us, GTA IV, Infamous 1 and 2, and Midnight Club: Los Angeles.

Around the Network

I would go for the regular slim. PS+ immediately

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well... If I were a smart investor and potentially thinking about my finances... I would get a slim ps3 (not the new one) with firmware lower than 3.55 although if u get one thats 3.55, it would be the best for backing up reasons that is

Or you can get a bundle which I am sure there will be a lot of this chirstmas anyway

Are you suggesting piracy? This is the third time you have mentioned piracy. Dont you have any shame to pirate games?

Save up and get a ps4

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

daredevil.shark said:

Well... If I were a smart investor and potentially thinking about my finances... I would get a slim ps3 (not the new one) with firmware lower than 3.55 although if u get one thats 3.55, it would be the best for backing up reasons that is

Or you can get a bundle which I am sure there will be a lot of this chirstmas anyway

Are you suggesting piracy? This is the third time you have mentioned piracy. Dont you have any shame to pirate games?

Well... Its technically not piracy but I suppose I will chill down on the subject altogether for a while

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

daredevil.shark said:

Well... Its technically not piracy but I suppose I will chill down on the subject altogether for a while

Why chill down? Because you are morally incorrect. And if you are really suggesting piracy then please dont pollute Vgchartz with these. You have lost my respect as a gamer. You talk big time and yet you are pirating games.