By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you think Nintendo should use the Wii U gamepad

Nintendo have done a great job with the Wii u gamepad from being able to play games away from the TV on it to the amino thing which while it will definitely not be as popular as skylanders, it will surely bring in more revenue. The thing that they have to do now is advertise it a lot and show all of these amazing features to the general consumer.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Nintendo should use the Wii U as an optional accessory

It is great for MiiVerse and Off-TV play, and a handful of apps/games like Nintendo Land, Art Academy, ZombiU, and hmm... let me get back to you on that. Keeping that in mind, it should have always been an optional accessory, just like the Kinect 2.0 should have always been offered as an optional accessory.

KylieDog said:
Use it as a diseased limb to sever and offer the console at a more appropiate price.

Agree.

As a lesson like the Virtual Boy. Do not develop awkward oversized hardware with low usability that scares people and lets them not even want to try the system.

random15 said:
KylieDog said:
Use it as a diseased limb to sever and offer the console at a more appropiate price.

Agree.

Just curious. How much have you guys played with it?

Around the Network

I really like the GamePad. So much so that I think it should become standard for all future Nintendo consoles. The downside so far is that Nintendo hasn't been able to make good use of it, however E3 has proved otherwise. They need to keep that functionality going for future releases and not deter from it in the future.

Nintendo needs to refine the next GamePad. That is, improve battery life, a better screen resolution with multitouch functionality so they can ditch the silly stylus and just use fingertips - like with virtually all tablets and phones these days. The Z buttons need to be analog and the L and R buttons need to have easier access - its requires some effort to press those buttons on the current design. Making it a little more comfortable especially from the back wouldn't hurt either.

KylieDog said:

Enough to know that Wii U price isn't remotely worth it.

Worth it for me...

KylieDog said:
KLXVER said:
KylieDog said:

Enough to know that Wii U price isn't remotely worth it.

Worth it for me...

But barely anyone else, judging by Wii U sales.

We cant all have great taste

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Make it compatible for pc... More cause I want to use it for photoshop and less for business reasons

Do I want to know what business reasons is?

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Strategy games. Real time strategy games like Age of Empires and Command and Conquer are more comfortable in PC than in consoles, but with the Gamepad you can controll the game as well as in a PC. And they could use two gamepads to play local multiplayer.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.