By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Based on the beta, Destiny does not live up to the hype.

Tagged games:

I could care less about Destiny "forcing" you to play single player.

Around the Network
Areym said:

Oh god forbid, players have to play...single player. Oh the humanity that you have to spend collecting, looting and buffing your character outside of multiplayer. Truly, it is a crime against multiplayer gamers everywhere, if only it didn't have a campaign like that other super hyped multiplayer game, Titanfall, because clearly that was the way to go, because clearly that did not put off certain players, because CLEARLY that game lived up to its hyped and was not crushed by it.

There is nothing wrong with having a campaign (I personally enjoy the campaigns), however making the campaign mandatory to be successful in multiplayer is moronic, hopefully though they will realise their mistake before release. by forcing part of a game onto players you alienate a large section of your potential audience.

Destiny PvP looks bad, I'll agree on that, I remember reading an article where Bungie pretty much said they know how to make a competitive MP and Destiny will have one. I had my expectations high given their past work pre-Reach and was so disappointed...

I'll probably still get it sometime... won't be playing PvP that much, MCC will be my competitive MP fix.

I am absolutely loving Destiny, I wasn't falling for the hype before the alpha, I wasn't going to buy it but after I played it, I'm absolutely going to buy it day 1. My favorite thing about the game is exploration aspect, I can't wait to find every single secret. I also like the RPG factor of the game, I find it very rewarding to kill mobs because of the loot. Changing my equipment every time is fun. Also the shooting mechanics are top notch I can see why halo is very good. Obviously everyone isn't going to like the game but I have no doubt it will be this years best selling new IP.
Honestly you just seem like you're passed about the PS exclusive content so you want to downplay the game.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

You wanna know why they make you play the single player first? It's so that you don't go immediately into the multiplayer and max out, and then when somebody who actually played the game wants to play multiplayer, they don't get murked. It evens out the playing field, a little.

And the reason a lot of people skip campaign in many FPSs is because they suck. Destiny is apparently gonna be a story focused game so if you skip that, you'd literally be missing out on half the game.

But, meh. My suspicion for a long time has been that only Xbox fans are gonna moan about the game, since PS is getting the presidential treatment. Because this game won't do much for Xbox like it will for PS, you guys don't care about it and downplay it (much like a lot of the Watch_Dogs hate). You guys seem to forget that Bungie is trying to build a relationship with PS and that Sony obviously threw some cash their way for marketing. But nope, since it'll give PS a big boost and not Xbox, the game now "isn't as great". Every new comment and thread of dissent come from Xbox fans, almost exclusively. So that just confirms my suspicions more and more. I remember an Xbox fan saying "could Bungie add fun to Destiny" when we barely even saw a preview build...but turned around and said "Sunset Overdrive, on the other hand, looks amazing"....when in terms of what we had seen, SO was in the same boat. Sheesh, the bias is strong.

Not saying that you're not allowed to dislike the game, but when it's only Xbox fans that don't like it.....seems kinda fishy.

Around the Network

you needed the beta to tell you that? the gameplay videos already indicated this.

The $$$ got to bungies head and they made a good game but nothing revolutionary that made it the new halo killer.

I will still get the game but I never expect it to live to the hype that it has gotten.

Kochi ni kiite

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186636&page=2#1

kono suredo rokku ni shimasu.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.