By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I've got some info on the Destiny Expansions.

Tamron said:
what i think hes trying to say is, he will pay $60 a year for rehashes of the same game that have no real reason to invest any time in your charactee because everything you do will be worthless when the new game cones out.

but he wont spent $60 a year on expanding and evolving an existing game that provides much better support and logevity to both the game and your time investment in building your characters.

sound about right?

No. First year free game content and paid cosmetic dlc

2 years after the first game, sequel with entirely new story and base content. A new game. Not a layer on top of what's already there.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Raziel123 said:

They can make less DLC and give it for free. Sell cosmetic stuff as smaller paid DLC/microtransactions

And actually bother to make a sequel with entirely new content instead of feeding off what's already done

wow, now that is new.  You are actually ok with them selling skins and cosmetic stuff, but not actual content?  Cosmetic dlc is usually considered the dirty kind of dlc that people think of as evil, it is what most people primarily complain about.  but that is what you want?

He also supports a title that charges you money for a new difficulty mode.

He must be just messing with us.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

if it makes you feel any better raziel, i'll draw a 2 on your game box when the dlc is released.

VanceIX said:
So, does the $30 expansion pass cover all expansions or just a set?

I think that covers first 2 expansions

Euphoria14 said:
gergroy said:
Raziel123 said:

They can make less DLC and give it for free. Sell cosmetic stuff as smaller paid DLC/microtransactions

And actually bother to make a sequel with entirely new content instead of feeding off what's already done

wow, now that is new.  You are actually ok with them selling skins and cosmetic stuff, but not actual content?  Cosmetic dlc is usually considered the dirty kind of dlc that people think of as evil, it is what most people primarily complain about.  but that is what you want?

He also supports a title that charges you money for a new difficulty mode.

He must be messing just with us.

Grounded? Difficulty mode for SP -> entirely optional. Would not be optional if it were for online content.

Around the Network

I dont know why people are comparing this to an MMO. This is standard FPS expansion pack pricing.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Raziel123 said:
gergroy said:

What? No, it's always the opposite, what have you been reading? Cosmetic dlc is truly optional. Game content in an online centric game is NEVER optional, its merely bait and switch. If you don't buy it, your game is partially obsolete.

And again, this is not a MMO.

go read any good dlc vs bad dlc comparison.  Go read anybody complaining about dlc on the internet.  Cosmetic type of dlc is ALWAYS mentioned as bad dlc.  

Also, how is content dlc never optional?  If you don't buy it, it isn't like you can't keep playing your game.  You just don't get the new content.  My brother never bought lair of the shadow broker or the arrival for mass effect 2, and he still considers it his favorite game.  

If your game is partially obsolete if you don't buy the dlc, what happens when a sequel comes out?  That is your prefered strategy no?  Is your game not obsolete at that point?  Is buying the sequel not an optional thing to do?  You must buy it?  How is the sequel any different from content dlc at that point?  

BenVTrigger said:
Euphoria14 said:

Why should they continue to spend money on creating content for an MMO type game and give it to you for free?

This new content isn't just cosmetic either, so micro transactions won't mean much. This is full sized beefy content, like found in Borderlands or Elder Scrolls.

Also you would rather, instead of spending up to $70 over the course of the next 12+ months for expanding Destiny and continuing to enjoy the game, to instead need to dump all the time invested and try and hop into another MMO Destiny? I take it you don't have much experience with MMO styled games. You just play it for a little bit, then pick up and move on to another. These games are meant to last years.

Destiny 2 won't be here in 2015. So what you're asking for is Destiny to launch in September, be online focused, add no new content (unless they give it all to you for free) and just leave it to die, instead of supported the hell out of it.

This is 100% truth.

I think people are expecting Destiny 2 quickly. Thats not happening its 3+ years away at minimum

I was kind of expecting it in two years because that is what the leaked contract said, but I guess a lot of stuff has changed since that contract was initially made...

Raziel123 said:
Tamron said:
what i think hes trying to say is, he will pay $60 a year for rehashes of the same game that have no real reason to invest any time in your charactee because everything you do will be worthless when the new game cones out.

but he wont spent $60 a year on expanding and evolving an existing game that provides much better support and logevity to both the game and your time investment in building your characters.

sound about right?

No. First year free game content and paid cosmetic dlc

2 years after the first game, sequel with entirely new story and base content. A new game. Not a layer on top of what's already there.

I think you have the usual "entitlement" bug that has been getting passed around in the world of gamers.

You also obviously have no idea how a game like Destiny is meant to work. It's almost like you would rather Bungie create Destiny 2 with Venus, Pluto, etc... planets for $60 in 2-years and play just like Destiny 1, rather than just add those planets to Destiny 1 for the same $60.

Also Destiny 2 in 2-years would make Destiny 1 a waste of consumer cash for the type of game it is.

Seriously, have you even played the game yet?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

gergroy said:

go read any good dlc vs bad dlc comparison.  Go read anybody complaining about dlc on the internet.  Cosmetic type of dlc is ALWAYS mentioned as bad dlc.  

Also, how is content dlc never optional?  If you don't buy it, it isn't like you can't keep playing your game.  You just don't get the new content.  My brother never bought lair of the shadow broker or the arrival for mass effect 2, and he still considers it his favorite game.  

If your game is partially obsolete if you don't buy the dlc, what happens when a sequel comes out?  That is your prefered strategy no?  Is your game not obsolete at that point?  Is buying the sequel not an optional thing to do?  You must buy it?  How is the sequel any different from content dlc at that point?  

Why are you comparing SP games to online? 

What happens when the sequel comes out? People move on to the new game, which will not become obsolete because of paid DLC. Instead of becoming obsolete after 2-3 months.