By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Q4 FY2014 Earnings: 1.1m Xbox One + 360 shipped, $4.61 billion profit (down 7.1% from year earlier), Xbox revenue up 14% to $104m

DD_Bwest said:
Euphoria14 said:

He said they were close back when the new SKU just released. The sales dropped off a cliff afterwards.

its hard to say it was really a cliff.   the ps4 had a week in  june before the launch, and it was about 70k difference over 5 weeks.  the new sku certainly grabbed some attention,  but its also been over a month since then, and we are past mid july.   just figured it would be interesting if we could get on update on what he has seen.

edit:  id also like to hear about the destiny bundle.  on online retailers its doing awesome, would be curious to see how its doing at a retail level.

While the new SKU did grab some attention, when we look at May's numbers, a lot of that attention came from people holding off a few weeks to buy the cheaper SKU.  And, given the drops in bestsellers list that the One had at the end of June, July isn't going to be pretty.  I'm guessing it'll be back to ~120K, again.

Around the Network

Sadly no specific numbers... just like PS3.

Terrible sales. Microsoft should be worried.

maverick40 said:

Well in the last quarter there was a total of 5.1m X1's shipped. Also last quarter they shipped 800k 360s. If we assume the 360 shipments this quarter were very low considering its low sales, X1 should be very close to 6m units shipped. Its not bad. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
maverick40 said:

Well in the last quarter there was a total of 5.1m X1's shipped. Also last quarter they shipped 800k 360s. If we assume the 360 shipments this quarter were very low considering its low sales, X1 should be very close to 6m units shipped. Its not bad. 

1.1m SHIPPED including 360 is very bad. No other way to put it. Also if they were happy with the sales they wouldnt have bundled the announcement with the 360. 

Microsoft is still burning through existing inventory instead of making more shipments. Terrible all round

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Unbelievable:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Advertising for a banned site. Will update to perm if this account was not juniored for previous behaviour.

Date the ban will be lifted: 08-22-2014, 11:00 PM

For talking about the folks on this forum. What a joke.

A freaking month??? For that comment? Geez. Have you been banned before?

Yep, but I never found out why.

Too much hate is on that site. Its not like they are accurate with their numbers either... Oh wait!

maverick40 said:
MoHasanie said:
maverick40 said:

1.1m SHIPPED including 360 is very bad. No other way to put it. Also if they were happy with the sales they wouldnt have bundled the announcement with the 360. 

Microsoft is still burning through existing inventory instead of making more shipments. Terrible all round

Very true. It's even worse when you think of the stuffed channel situation. It's a gen unlike any other, massive launch numbers to the diehard fans and initial hype, then a stunning descent into stagnation. Depending on how fast they hit the brakes on production it's very likely if not certain that they overproduced 1m+ units and overshipped a ridiculous number before having to renegotiate details with the suppliers and distribution network. This kind of thing is a pricey game when it goes badly. Bom alone doesn't tell the entire story and costs can get out of whack when you are paying retailers rebates for promotional pricing compensation and paying warehouses to sit on hundreds of thousands of extra units.

tiffac said:
GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Unbelievable:

Advertising for a banned site. Will update to perm if this account was not juniored for previous behaviour.

Too much hate is on that site. Its not like they are accurate with their numbers either... Oh wait!

They don't claim to be either. They wait for NPD and actual numbers from the hardware manufacturers.

maverick40 said:
tiffac said:
GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Unbelievable:

They don't claim to be either. They wait for NPD and actual numbers from the hardware manufacturers.

I never said they were claiming anything either. I was pointing out they never did to begin with. Its just funny on how so much flak they give this site when its been clear as day that evertyhing here is estimates.

tiffac said:
maverick40 said:
tiffac said:
GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Unbelievable:

I never said they were claiming anything either. I was pointing out they never did to begin with. Its just funny on how so much flak they give this site when its been clear as day that evertyhing here is estimates.

The hate vgchartz gets goes back years and it is mostly directed at ioi.  this isn't something new and aparantly the hate is deserved