By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people have so much faith the in Xbox One?

zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KungKras said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You're saying the same thing i said. He with the most games has third party smart one. Stop arguing for the sake of arguing even when were pretty much agreeing. The NES was helmed by Mario, but sold over 90 million consoles because it had third party as well. The mass majority of games are third party within a any leading consoles library. The Wii U was the only variable.

You were the one who started arguing :P

I just don't like how you place so much emphasis on third party support when it historically isn't what made or broke a console. I mean, it helps a lot, but it's not the end all be all.

Sega made sure that the Megadrive got a lot of games and became competitive though first party efforts, for example.

Fine...subtract third party from Nintendo. Oh wait...it already happened and Nintendo without a clever gimmick cant get over 35 million since the N64 era. Nintendo fans have grown to live without third party or get their third party from another console. Nintendo's first and second generation 90 to 60 million consoles with third party. Without it they've only sold between 20M+ to 34 M consoles. That is a drastic difference. Sega took two Nintendo generations with one console to even remotely reach 40+ Million consoles sold. Why? It took a while for third party to get to Sega because nintendo had so much control.

I think u need to go back and look at NES/SNES hardware numbers

NES-slightly over 60 million, not 90 million

SNES-slightly under 50 million, not 60 million

You're right. My mistake.

Around the Network

I would assume that faith is because the Xbox One still gets a very large portion of 3rd party software output. However given that there are cheaper and better ways to play 95% of those titles I doubt having 3rd party support will mean as much for the X1 as fans here would like to believe.