By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 12 July: PS4 pass Vita, 3DS 150K.

bubblegamer said:
Lawlight said:
drake_tolu said:
tripenfall said:
Wii U can reach 9 million by Xmas IMO...

Wii U will sell 10.2-10.5 millin this year.

So, it will sell 9M over the next 5.5 months?

He meant LTD. Still not going to happen though as that is still too much.

They sold 2m last year in their holiday quarter (October-Nov-Dec) with only mario 3D as a holiday release which is much, much smaller (in terms of sales potential) then smash brothers and Amiibo. WiiU will easily pass 9m and will most likely pass 10.5m this year without a problem as well.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
eva01beserk said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Seems strong. But by october I expext 140K ;)

Im going with my gut here. Even if is not a pricecut, then I expect another deal like the MK8. Bayoneta already has 1 & 2 in the disc, so that will move well on its own. Hyrule warriors might need a little help, but sonic will most defenetly need a lot of help.

Indeed. I too feel like Sonic Boom will bomb if it doesnt get help somehow, especillay since it is releasing close to Smash Bros.

I heard everyone who played it didn't like it.

I see past numbers have been updated to show X1 didnt win a single week in June in the USA

Xenostar said:
I see past numbers have been updated to show X1 didnt win a single week in June in the USA

X1 looks to be in trouble, until the MC Collection :D

NobleTeam360 said:
AZWification said:

When will some people finally admit that ~60k is the WiiU's new baseline?

Never!!! it'll go back to 30k levels soon, just you wait and see!!!!!! lol jk

Seriously now..I hope the WiiU doesn't go back to those awful numbers anytime soon..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Europe in need of NPD reports. I simply cannot look at those numbers with a straight face, but who knows?

Ps4 in need of games for Japan, desperately.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Xevross said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I DO trust Etho's theory but it can only tell us which console is doing best and not the amount being sold. Or am I missing something?

The PS4 is a massive amount above XBO though, which has almost completely dropped off the charts. The gap is big.

Ok, it seems reasonable to extrapolate a bigger difference in sales (than VGC is showing) by how popular a console is on Amazon, BUT it also has to be taken into consideration that their XB1 numbers for Europe may be too high. I take your point though and 90% agree.

The PS5 Exists. 

Xenostar said:

X1 looks to be in trouble, until the MC Collection :D

GribbleGrunger said:
Xevross said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I DO trust Etho's theory but it can only tell us which console is doing best and not the amount being sold. Or am I missing something?

The PS4 is a massive amount above XBO though, which has almost completely dropped off the charts. The gap is big.

Ok, it seems reasonable to extrapolate a bigger difference in sales (than VGC is showing) by how popular a console is on Amazon, BUT it also has to be taken into consideration that their XB1 numbers for Europe may be too high. I take your point though and 90% agree.

Yeah there's no way to know for sure really, we can get a good idea from shipment numbers though.

Nice to see that MK8 keeps moving consoles. Real system seller. Now smash, Zelda and a 3D mario.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile