By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 12 July: PS4 pass Vita, 3DS 150K.

GribbleGrunger said:
Xevross said:

Which still seems too much. I think PS4 is being undertracked in Europe as well. VGChartz also has PS4 and XBO really close in the UK which is nowhere close to reality. XBO is being owned in the UK by PS4 right now.

Is there any proof of that?

Amazon bestsellers (trust in Etho's theory!) UK software charts and from what I've seen around.

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
drake_tolu said:

I still laugh those the people that have predict 15 million lifetime.

Come on, minimum 25 million...

I don't want to jynx it, but it should be able to match the gamecube. If Nintendo has room to make a price cut, it would be wise to do so.

Nintendo's full push for a wii u comeback starts this holiday with Super Smash Bros - then they will follow it up with a strong first half 2015 with splatoon, mario maker, yoshi yarns and mario party 10 complimented with Amiibo's. It could potentially work!  On papaer it sounds fullproof!

On paper it really does seem perfect. Only thing I can think of is to advertise each game, espeiclaly the 3rd party exlcusives,soooo much.

gamestop has a new super mario bros u bundle combined with mk8(its selling :P) and wind waker bundle came back :P into bestsellers

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

drake_tolu said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
September,October shoudl give Wii U at least 80K baseline, and holidays along with Smash + Amiibo ........roughly 600K+

and a few million software :D

I said:

Second half of July: 70,000 on week

First half of Augost: 50,000 on week

Second half of Augost: 60,000 on week

Fisrt half of september: 70,000 on week

Second half of September: 95,000 on week

After September 100,000 on week...

After september I expect at least 130k.

Expecting a pricecut this year even if is not much like $30, after that the baseline should be 160k, with over 200k the week of each exclusive realise.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

so the NOE mk8 campaign is working plus a deal at GAME i like it

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Davman said:
drake_tolu said:
Davman said:

Let's wait August, when the mario kart 8 free bonus game promotion will end.

In Augost coming Hyrule Warrior's in Japan!

To say the truth i expect from fall and the next months Wii U will go fine , because of Hyrule Warriors , Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros & Xenoblade Chronicles.

My only bad comment for Nintendo is that its games don't lower prices over time , not all can give 50 euros (70$) for games!

I wish. I want Xenoblade X soooo bad.

Ka-pi96 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
How can 114k be a -4% when last week the PS4 sold LESS than 100k?

Because the week before that it was adjusted and is now at 121,849 for that week.

Oh, right. Thanks.

The PS5 Exists. 

eva01beserk said:
drake_tolu said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
September,October shoudl give Wii U at least 80K baseline, and holidays along with Smash + Amiibo ........roughly 600K+

and a few million software :D

I said:

Second half of July: 70,000 on week

First half of Augost: 50,000 on week

Second half of Augost: 60,000 on week

Fisrt half of september: 70,000 on week

Second half of September: 95,000 on week

After September 100,000 on week...

After september I expect at least 130k.

Expecting a pricecut this year even if is not much like $30, after that the baseline should be 160k, with over 200k the week of each exclusive realise.

Seems strong. But by october I expext 140K ;)

AZWification said:

When will some people finally admit that ~60k is the WiiU's new baseline?

Never!!! it'll go back to 30k levels soon, just you wait and see!!!!!! lol jk

Looks like Wii U is performing well in NA and Europe. Gotta figure it's folks rushing out to clinch that free game deal with MK8!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016