By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Remakes on??? Home consoles

Tagged games:

Pokemon remakes possible on home console aka wii u

Yes 28 56.00%

No 22 44.00%

Total:50

They won't do it for two major reasons. If they do it, people will expect it to be done from that point on. Sales for the handheld versions will drop. Because people will wait if they make a proper console game. And not like the pointless PBR. Second: It will take 3 years to do a new or remake game. That's how long the handhelds take. From story conception, to release. They have to model EVERYTHING. Then add in all the normal Nintendo delays, 5 years. We're onto the next console. With PBR, Stadium 1-3, Col, and XD. They aren't full linking maps and AI people everywhere.

They're only main sections like batttle arenas and city zones. Then to model 700 Pokemon, in HD, with the expected quality, will be the longest part. Col and XD stole the 3D models from the stadium games. That's why they were able to release Col within 2 years of GC's life. PBR had to make new models for all of the Pokemon. Had only one year. And it shows. The game lags when it goes into split screen. Destructable enviroments were removed. No mini games where included. Or DS mode.

Around the Network

They must do a 3D Remake of Pokemon Red.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Aielyn said:

And you keep saying they won't do it, in absolute terms... but you have yet to provide any reason, any justification for that statement. If it's just your opinion, then this is one place where you should use appropriately opinion-y words.

Totally agree with you, however this is the only exception, it's ok to discuss about it, im not telling anyone not to do so, and by no means i'm forcing anyone to take my word for it, just saying people can sit and watch how the years and pass and prove me right, then they'll remember me and my words

Pokemon D/P/Platinum HD for Wii U? It's the next generation on the list of a remake i suppose.

no it won't

if they really want to make a pokemon game on a home console (you have more chance of being hit by lightning) then it will be original.