By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Will Sell Very Well In August And Here's Why

GribbleGrunger said:

I might be completely wrong of course, but this is how I see it:

TLOUR (small boost because of July momentum)
Swapper (no boost)
Road Not Taken (no boost)
HoHokum (tiny boost)
Diablo (decent boost)
Plant V Zombies (small boost)
Infamous: Second Light (small boost)
Madden (small boost)
Metro Redux (decent boost)
Minecraft (decent boost)
Jet Car Stunts (no boost)

The thing about these busy months is that its not just individual titles that boost hardware but software in synegy. Essentially in months where there is a lot more to play and the system gets a lot more press through reviews etc, its bound to sell more. People wait for reasons to buy a system and Infamous and Watchdogs may not have quite been enough, but Infamous+ new DLC+ Watchdogs+ The Last of Us might finally equal a purchase for some.

I think the PS4 will probably do 250k-300k in August, mainly because of the Last of Us , madden and anticipation for Destiny. Regarding the latter, not everyone who wants it will want the white PS4, nor will they necessarily wait till its release when there are other games to catch up on (infamous, killzone, watchdogs)

Around the Network

drake_tolu said:

Even 70K?

No, is too little... will sell bad, but not one total disaster.

honestly, i predict 70K for Wii U on augost, and PS4 not have fucking possibility for sell like Wii U...

I predict:

PS4: 125-150

XOne: 100-125

WiiU: 70-90

3DS: 90-110

PSV: 8-10

Vita has its first flagship releases since Borderland in the next few weeks so it will probably be closer to 25k, hopefully more but I know the media and sony will probably ignore all these releases lol

Rogue Legacy 
Metrico (exclusive)
Hyper Dimension Neptunia
Hohokum
Disegaea  4
Sword Art Online (exclusive)
Minecraft Vita edition 

Title of this thread is WRONG.

The title should be:
PS4 Will Sell Very Well FOR THE REST OF THIS GENERATION And Here's Why

Im more interested in getting an opportunity to test out the gakkai/playstation now service which is supposed to be available to the general public as a beta on july 31st...cause right now there is not a lot im personally interested in playing at the moment outside of final fantasy XIV to tide me over till then.

teigaga said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I might be completely wrong of course, but this is how I see it:

TLOUR (small boost because of July momentum)
Swapper (no boost)
Road Not Taken (no boost)
HoHokum (tiny boost)
Diablo (decent boost)
Plant V Zombies (small boost)
Infamous: Second Light (small boost)
Madden (small boost)
Metro Redux (decent boost)
Minecraft (decent boost)
Jet Car Stunts (no boost)

The thing about these busy months is that its not just individual titles that boost hardware but software in synegy. Essentially in months where there is a lot more to play and the system gets a lot more press through reviews etc, its bound to sell more. People wait for reasons to buy a system and Infamous and Watchdogs may not have quite been enough, but Infamous+ new DLC+ Watchdogs+ The Last of Us might finally equal a purchase for some.

I think the PS4 will probably do 250k-300k in August, mainly because of the Last of Us , madden and anticipation for Destiny. Regarding the latter, not everyone who wants it will want the white PS4, nor will they necessarily wait till its release when there are other games to catch up on (infamous, killzone, watchdogs)

yeah it's not like the bundle is the best deal either.  It's basically $10 off and white stuff.  If you like white I can see it and plenty of people will buy it I'm sure because they're waiting till Destiny anyway but I don't think it'll hurt PS4 sales in August.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

For a rest-of-summer lineup, that is actually quite decent. A good followup into Destiny month.

drake_tolu said:
Turkish said:
Yeah the TLOU and Destiny hype as well as increasing game releases should boost the sales.

Tlou coming 29 July.

Did MK8 stop selling in june? TLOU is coming in August in Europe anyway.

Turkish said:
drake_tolu said:
Turkish said:
Yeah the TLOU and Destiny hype as well as increasing game releases should boost the sales.

Tlou coming 29 July.

Yeah, but i still creed that in Augost PS4 sell "only" 125-150K (and maybe is bad for PS4, but will be again the best seller of this month, so, even no...)

The people want buy the version with Destiny.

Mario Kart is one other speech, there is nothing that slow down the sales of Wii U.

I expect this sales for PS4 in USA according to NPD:

Jul 175K
Aug 150K
Sep 450K
Oct 500K
Nov 1m
Dec 1,5m

teigaga said:

drake_tolu said:

Even 70K?

No, is too little... will sell bad, but not one total disaster.

honestly, i predict 70K for Wii U on augost, and PS4 not have fucking possibility for sell like Wii U...

I predict:

PS4: 125-150

XOne: 100-125

WiiU: 70-90

3DS: 90-110

PSV: 8-10

Vita has its first flagship releases since Borderland in the next few weeks so it will probably be closer to 25k, hopefully more but I know the media and sony will probably ignore all these releases lol

Rogue Legacy 
Metrico (exclusive)
Hyper Dimension Neptunia
Hohokum
Disegaea  4
Sword Art Online (exclusive)
Minecraft Vita edition 

He isn't talking about per week..... But I realised it was Drake_Tolu I was talking too, so it doesn't matter.

Turkish said:

Exactly. Anyone who's looking for justification to the buy a PS4 will look at TLOU and then all of those games coming in August. Combined, it's a pretty compelling motivation.

The PS5 Exists.