By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Dev Fires Back At Those Who Feel $50 Is Too Much For PS4 Version “It’s a Steal”

darkshadow23 said:
New just in from Sony!!! They just announced that you are not forced to buy TLOU:R if you have already bought TLOU!! They said that you only have to buy it if you want to!! Yay!

thank the gods (as tears run down my fat cheeks) I thought i was a goner....my family...oh my family..who would have provided for them? (sob uncontrollably)

Around the Network
darkshadow23 said:
New just in from Sony!!! They just announced that you are not forced to buy TLOU:R if you have already bought TLOU!! They said that you only have to buy it if you want to!! Yay!

mornelithe said:
darkshadow23 said:

this

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

overman1 said:

Dude you are the one who keeps coming back here to state the same thing over and over again. This isnt even the first thread dedicated to this issue, the other one has over 500+ pages....seriously? and you were very prominent there as well. 

Let people enjoy what ever it is they want, it wont kill you...geez. before i joined this conservation, i have the same 5-6 people saying the same things over and overy and over again. after a while it gets tiresome. 

Let people enjoy what ever it is they want? How does voicing my opinion impede on anyones enjoyment of a game?

Do you even see what this thread is about? It literally begs for this discussion. I highly doubt the OP posted this thread thinking "finally, THIS will end the conversation." What's it to you how often I bring it up? It's a topic for discussion, and it's a discussion people want do have. I won't stop talking about it unless someone can convince me otherwise, the topic is closed, or I get bored of the conversation. As far as I am aware, I'm still on topic.

As for singling me out for whatever weird reason on my past posts on this website, please stop. It makes me uncomfortable.

BillyBong said:

This ain't about being cheapos as you want to call it.  Its about for existing users moving over to the ps4 version.  Seriously.. Why buy for the ps4 as a ps3  game owner if your paying that much again for the same content you already have?  Mind you its only a year old game.  As a TLOU owner, ND and Sony already got my money.. They could get more if there was an upgrade or a discount fee.  Whereas if I had to pay $50 again for what I already have on my ps3, then no thanks.  And this whole comparison with movies is irrelevant to the topic considering pricing points of media.  My only gripe is, I still play my ps3.. More so than my ps4.  Why?  A lack of games, plus PS+ offerings on ps3 which make it hard to move on until there is more substantial titles in the pipeline for the ps4.  But I sure would love to move onto my ps4 if some titles I already had could be played on the ps4.  My transition from ps2 to ps3 was easy because of BC.  I could play my ps2 games on my ps3.. No biggie.  Now, I'm alternating between 2 systems because what I feel like playing can only be played on that respective system.  Just saying.. It'll make that transition from ps3 to ps4 a lot easier if I could start gaming specifically on my new gen and retire my last gen.  It would definitely convince me more so if a game I already had like TLOU could be moved over with an upgrade discount.  Its not like Sony hasn't already accomplished allowing ps3 games be played on the ps4.  Its not about the money.  Its about how much I'm willing to drop for one title..

you say its not about you being cheap, then proceed to explain how your cheap.

Whining about not getting a discount on something, that is already cheaper then its comparison is the very definition of cheap.  you may not like it,  and it might be hard for you to accept, but you are cheap.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
spemanig said:
overman1 said:

Dude you are the one who keeps coming back here to state the same thing over and over again. This isnt even the first thread dedicated to this issue, the other one has over 500+ pages....seriously? and you were very prominent there as well. 

Let people enjoy what ever it is they want, it wont kill you...geez. before i joined this conservation, i have the same 5-6 people saying the same things over and overy and over again. after a while it gets tiresome. 

Let people enjoy what ever it is they want? How does voicing my opinion impede on anyones enjoyment of a game?

Do you even see what this thread is about? It literally begs for this discussion. I highly doubt the OP posted this thread thinking "finally, THIS will end the conversation." What's it to you how often I bring it up? It's a topic for discussion, and it's a discussion people want do have. I won't stop talking about it unless someone can convince me otherwise, the topic is closed, or I get bored of the conversation. As far as I am aware, I'm still on topic.

As for singling me out for whatever weird reason on my past posts on this website, please stop. It makes me uncomfortable.

lol you are the most adamant interlocutor here...i dont do weak sauce, see that as a compliment. besides, your topic like i said is still the same. all we have to do wait and see how the game will sell. 

DD_Bwest said:
BillyBong said:

This ain't about being cheapos as you want to call it.  Its about for existing users moving over to the ps4 version.  Seriously.. Why buy for the ps4 as a ps3  game owner if your paying that much again for the same content you already have?  Mind you its only a year old game.  As a TLOU owner, ND and Sony already got my money.. They could get more if there was an upgrade or a discount fee.  Whereas if I had to pay $50 again for what I already have on my ps3, then no thanks.  And this whole comparison with movies is irrelevant to the topic considering pricing points of media.  My only gripe is, I still play my ps3.. More so than my ps4.  Why?  A lack of games, plus PS+ offerings on ps3 which make it hard to move on until there is more substantial titles in the pipeline for the ps4.  But I sure would love to move onto my ps4 if some titles I already had could be played on the ps4.  My transition from ps2 to ps3 was easy because of BC.  I could play my ps2 games on my ps3.. No biggie.  Now, I'm alternating between 2 systems because what I feel like playing can only be played on that respective system.  Just saying.. It'll make that transition from ps3 to ps4 a lot easier if I could start gaming specifically on my new gen and retire my last gen.  It would definitely convince me more so if a game I already had like TLOU could be moved over with an upgrade discount.  Its not like Sony hasn't already accomplished allowing ps3 games be played on the ps4.  Its not about the money.  Its about how much I'm willing to drop for one title..

Whining about not getting a discount on something, that is already cheaper then its comparison is the very definition of cheap.  you may not like it,  and it might be hard for you to accept, but you are cheap.

I dont know why but everytime I see your sig, it cracks me the F$#@ up lol.

overman1 said:

it seems you want this game very much, I understand it is an amazing game however you could either buy it now or wait for the price to drop in about six months.....problem solved. 

I don't know if you're still being sarcastic. Problem not solved. If NSMBU was $80 at launch, but then was $20 six months later after a price drop, that doesn't stop the launch from having been overpriced.

Ka-pi96 said:
DD_Bwest said:

That's not really cheap when they've already paid for the PS3 version. It isn't cheap to not want to pay for something twice.

Oh and... that original post...

i just woke up and havent had my weed yet lol   as i was toking i decided that probably wasnt a good idea to say,  but i may bring it back if people continue to insist they are not cheap,  when they most certainly are.

if he doesnt want to pay for more content, he doesnt have to,  but whining about not getting a deal makes him cheap.    If he just happily waits until it comes down thats fine.  but getting on a soap box because he feels entitled to something he isnt is cheap. 

edit:   Thrifty is when you search for deals and are careful with money,  cheap is when you try and bitch and get a discount for everything

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

spemanig said:
overman1 said:

Spemanig, what do you suggest I do? I have not yet played TLOU... so should I buy the PS3 version or the PS4 version? I'm confused right now. I thought I would save money on the PS4 version but you seem to have convinced me not to buy it. I have heard TLOU is a great game with one of the greatest single player experiences of last gen. I've also heard the Left Behind DLC is pretty good as well. The multiplayer mode looks like something I would enjoy too... no respawn is awesome... adds to the survival feel. So if I like the multiplayer then I will definitely be interested in the map packs and future content as well.

Thanks, looking forward to your reply.