By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny beta on Xbox One will not be running at 1080p, will reach 1080p by launch

kitler53 said:
i can't wait for the DF analysis of the final game. what will they cut to make room for 1080p?

Im not so sure the X1 version would lack any features compared to the PS4 this time around. I may be wrong but its like the game doesnt look very demanding for both consoles to me.

Around the Network
FATALITY said:
kitler53 said:
i can't wait for the DF analysis of the final game. what will they cut to make room for 1080p?

i bet aa and particles

unless ps4 is 4x msaa i doubt will see disparity in aa.

particles,. possibly.  i'm going with texture quality though.

remember respawn saying the same about titanfall. The patch never came.

How are they so sure that it will reach 1080p?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kitler53 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they strove for parity :/ It already seems like both versions are being held back by the PS3/360, why stop there?

Around the Network

Not unexpected, other games where they tried to keep both at 1080p (Sniper Elite 3, for instance), the Xbox One exhibits screen tearing and horrible frame rates. You don't get something for nothing, and the expectation that the Xbox One should be able to match the PS4 is unrealistic, given the limitations of it's hardware.

You will see 1080p on the Xbox One version of Destiny...but at the expense of shadow detail and other effects. I have no doubt that Xbox One owners will still have an enjoyable game, it just wont look as good as on the PS4, that's all.

kitler53 said:
FATALITY said:
kitler53 said:

i bet aa and particles

unless ps4 is 4x msaa i doubt will see disparity in aa.

particles,. possibly.  i'm going with texture quality though.

i post a video days ago from beta version on xbox and the aa looked worst than ps4 alpha

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

jnemesh said:
Not unexpected, other games where they tried to keep both at 1080p (Sniper Elite 3, for instance), the Xbox One exhibits screen tearing and horrible frame rates. You don't get something for nothing, and the expectation that the Xbox One should be able to match the PS4 is unrealistic, given the limitations of it's hardware.

You will see 1080p on the Xbox One version of Destiny...but at the expense of shadow detail and other effects. I have no doubt that Xbox One owners will still have an enjoyable game, it just wont look as good as on the PS4, that's all.

This.

I wish devs would man the F up and give consoles some 'advanced' options that interested users could enter and adjust settings. We have a tiny taste of that with switchable frame-locking on a handful of titles, but what's sorely needed is a resolution option. Particularly for owners of 720P TVs this would be roses.

Imagine Titanfall with a 720p mode that significantly reduced screen tearing and slowdown in the multi-titan battles. Imagine Sniper Elite 3 @ 720p without screen tearing. Etc/infinity. Even Destiny PS4, 720P @ 60FPS 8xAA, or 900P @ 60FPS 4xAA. That kind of thing.

I know they're scared of confusing people, so hide them from the average noob, but let the people with more knowledge have some freaking options.

IGN has stated that next week, before the Xbox beta starts, they will be debuting the first ever Xbox One footage of the game. The Xbox One footage of the game will be running at 1080p, but the beta will not be running at the footage quality.

http://thedestinyblog.com/2014/07/16/destiny-beta-on-xbox-one-will-not-be-running-at-1080p-will-reach-1080p-by-launch/

so they are already at 1080p its just the beta wont be

Well, as long as it reaches 1080p by launch it's all good.

Should look the same as the PS4 version in the end, Bungie is shooting for parity here.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC