By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square interviewed on wiiware

What exactly are these games? Like when it says "city building" does that mean it's sort of like SimCity? I've never played a FF game in my life (the horror my roommate tells me), and this interests me, especially for only $15, but I can't even tell what kind of game it is, so I can't say I'd be interested in it.

Also, those graphics seem to be really nice. 3rd parties should be ashamed. Terribly ashamed.

Around the Network

Yeah, it seems to be kind of like a sim city RPG. The best I can deduce from videos, interviews and previews you are the king of this small village, but you turn it into a bustling city.

It seems to be a side story in the crystal chronicles universe, where a large crystal in the middle of a town protects the town from an evil mist that can't get near the crystal (there were many such towns with giant crystals in the first CC). However the crystal must be rejuvinated once a year with tear drops from a specific kind of tree (thusly the plotline of the first Crystal Chronicles games). You can hire heroes to fight monsters, find treasures, get the dew drops defend your town ect. You build stores for your heroes, and in general create the city. I'm sure there will be alot more goals and purposes and buildings, but so far that's all I've been able to figure out.

Anyone can correct me if they seem something innaccurate.

Personally it seems like a very interesting game that I will definately purchase.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Rugger08 said:
I might get it, looks good. How the hell do they fit a Wii game in 40MB?? Even without the fighting.

Well this looks more like a late Gamecube game, and the GC had just 24MB of main memory with 3Mb (but high speed) VRAM (the 16MB was for sound and enhancing the loading).

So this game basically loads all the data into the RAM, and runs off of that. It limits the area, but not the graphics that much. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs