By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Electronic Arts / Steven Spielberg Project #2 (Wii)

Wii Spielberg Title Before March 2008
The first EA-Spielberg collaboration could be coming to Wii this year
May 9, 2007 - Several months ago, EA unveiled an extensive deal with renowned Hollywood filmmaker Steven Spielberg to create three videogames for unnamed consoles. Eventually, it was revealed that at least one of those games would be Wii-bound. It now seems like this Wii game will be the first EA-Spielberg joint project to come to fruition.

In a conference call with investors yesterday, EA announced its optimistic expectations for the current fiscal year. During the call, an EA executive confirmed that it would release five franchise debuts before the end of fiscal 2008 (March 31, 2008): Army of Two, EA Playground, SKATE, Boogie, and a so-called "Wii Spielberg" title.
So happy together!

No details are known yet about this game or any of Spielberg's other planned collaborations. Hopefully, EA will finally reveal some information on these projects at the company's gaming event this evening.

Around the Network

Oh Shigeru, you're such a nerd.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Either Shigeru is Tall or Steven is short?

Shiggy looks happier than Spielberg! He must really respect the guy (probably thinks Spielberg is a legend!)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

If you saw two men who looked like that hanging around within 1 mile of your kid's school you'd call the police immediately wouldn't you!!

Around the Network

For once a Wii exclusive that may have some meat on it.

llewdebkram said:
If you saw two men who looked like that hanging around within 1 mile of your kid's school you'd call the police immediately wouldn't you!!

That is funny!!!!Maybe they are on ecstasy, this reminds of the scene in The girl next door, at the adult convention/then his speech

Shane said:
For once a Wii exclusive that may have some meat on it.

This is gonna be interesting. There are lots of directors that can make great movies; including Steven Spielberg, but Spielberg is said to know what people want. Something that no other director can do quite the same. Should we rule out violence right off the bat? I am betting this is gonna be something artsy.

DarkD said:
This is gonna be interesting. There are lots of directors that can make great movies; including Steven Spielberg, but Spielberg is said to know what people want. Something that no other director can do quite the same. Should we rule out violence right off the bat? I am betting this is gonna be something artsy.

If I remember correctly Stephen Spielberg was involved with a point and click adventure game called "The Dig" in the 1990s which was awsome ...

The game was not "violent" but included a hand being cut off using a jaw bone ...