By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My prediction on what nintendos next console will be like.

It is going to be called WIIVR(pronounced weever). The VR standing for virtual reality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw .

It is going to have something else that we can't predict because of nintendos weird ideas.

IT will have an updated wiimote.

Now graphics are hard because we don't know what is standard 4-7 yrs from now. I am going to estimate though.

It will have a multi core processor of some kind. Something that is efficient. About 1-2 gb of ram. A gpu probaly equivalent to an geforce 8800 gts. It will produce graphics similar to what high end pcs produce today but maybe a little more or less advance. It will have some form of 500gb+ storage it doesn't nesecarily have to have a hdd. It will have a physics chip so the cpu won't be drained for physics and could be used for AI and Graphics. It may produce both 720p and 1080p. It would still be less graphically powerful than the others but not by as much as the wii is less powerful compared to the ps3 and 360.

Most games would have an online option.   

Now this is only a guess so don't say that it will never happen because you are only guessing too. Post your predictions. I plan on making other threads for the other consoles too.

Around the Network

I'm kinda happy that you aren't designing Nintendo's next console. =/

Parokki said:
I'm kinda happy that you aren't designing Nintendo's next console. =/

That means you are kinda disapointed too. Thank you Lol jk. What do you disagree with in my prediction. 

OK, Nintendo would never call a console Beaver. And why would every game use head tracking. Seems like it would only be useful in FPS, shooters and rail shooters.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Explosivo said:
OK, Nintendo would never call a console Beaver. And why would every game use head tracking. Seems like it would only be useful in FPS, shooters and rail shooters.

I didn't say every game. Who said beaver? I said weever. 

Around the Network

This is my prediction:

CPU:
If nintendo deciedes to make it 1.5 times as powerful like gamecube to wii, than it will be about 1.1 ghz. But im guessing That Nintendo will realize that its too weak and probably get it to about 2.0 ghz dual core.

GPU:
The GPU will probably clock in at 600Mhz and be a little stronger than the PS3's GPU.

Ram:
They will put about 1.5 gb of RAM to be shared between CPU and GPU.

HDD:
They'll put in a 200g Solid State HDD (assumning prices lower in the future) to keep heat and moving parts down.

They'll have improved motion sensing and an easier to hold and use Wiimote.

There will be improved online service and there will as always, be classics available for download.

crymetyme said:
This is my prediction:

CPU:
If nintendo deciedes to make it 1.5 times as powerful like gamecube to wii, than it will be about 1.1 ghz. But im guessing That Nintendo will realize that its too weak and probably get it to about 2.0 ghz dual core.

GPU:
The GPU will probably clock in at 600Mhz and be a little stronger than the PS3's GPU.

Ram:
They will put about 1.5 gb of RAM to be shared between CPU and GPU.

HDD:
They'll put in a 200g Solid State HDD (assumning prices lower in the future) to keep heat and moving parts down.

They'll have improved motion sensing and an easier to hold and use Wiimote.

There will be improved online service and there will as always, be classics available for download.
I like your prediction. It seems more realistic than mine.

thanks. but it is a guess. could be wrong and i probably am

I think this was already discussed, but here is my prediction. Note, I don't remember what I said last time:

Controller: It will be a massive evolution from the Wii Remote. So advanced and innovative that I can't imagine how could it be.

CPU and GPU: Nintendo and ATi will develop a custom GPGPU, solely for their next console. It's gonna be cheap, small and cool, at less than 22nm. Probably a Multi-Core design in it. All games will be in HD plus the mandatory SD, just in case.

RAM and storage: Will feature a unified memory architecture, using at least 4GB of GDDR6 RAM. It will use a SSHDD, but it will not be that big. Blu-ray? Don't think so.

Overall performance will be at around 4x of the PS3, that means something like a current top-end PC, but in a much smaller package

In the 'others' department, it's gonna feature a massively improved online service, much more intuitive and easier. Probably gonna feature some kind of downloadable media service, aside from the usual game stuff. Mandatory WiFi, Bluetooth, BC, and etc.'s. No physical media movie playback.

It's gonna sell for $250.

Whatever they can make for $200 and sell for $250 is what they will make. I would imagine some sort of system around the same strength as the PS3. But better in some area's due to cheap prices and worse in others. I would like to hope for something along the lines of Home for online with mii's. I also think they will use advanced wii-mote technology with the PSeye to make more immersion in there games.