By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AZWification said:
said:
AZWification said:

Oh, I do know what Unity is, nameless user, but I haven't really played many Unity games! I wouldn't mind if you would name me some awesome free to play FPS games that use Unity!

Until you finish every other game I've linked, you get nothing!

Just kidding.

But seriously, you should try out those other games too.  As long as you don't find the whole 8-bit pixel style too objectionable, I think you'll enjoy them.  Actually, that's one of the things I like about games like The Last Door; they prove that you can create an immersive atmosphere without great graphics.

Anyway, in the meantime, here are some Unity games.  It should go without saying, of course, that you need Unity player to play these, so if you don't have it...

http://unity3d.com/webplayer

It's cool because it's like Flash only more powerful.  So, you load the games right in your browser and go.

Ok, free to play games...  Well, here are a couple of FPS's I've played... or tried to.  They're multiplayer, so yeah... whenever my internet will let me.

BeGone

The maps are a little small but it's a fun shooter, albeit laggy (for me, anyway).

Red Crucible

This game almost has the opposite problem.  The maps are huge.  But that's partly because you have vehicles in this one.  You can drive tanks, trucks, fly helicopters, jets, etc.

I like those two games also because you don't have to sign up just to try them out; you can just log in as a guest and go for it.

I'm not sure what else you like but here are some random free games I've come across that I like...

Astrox

A space sim.  Mine asteroids, work contracts, earn money, upgrade ship, fight pirates, travel galaxy.  Very impressive game considering it's free and made by one guy.  Surprisingly addictive, too.

Sentinels: First Wave

A tower defense.  Wait, don't leave!  This one is actually kind of cool.  It does something I haven't seen before.  It lets you zoom down and take control of the turrets in first-person.  It's a simple innovation but it actually makes gameplay much more interesting.

Burnin' Rubber 4: GOTY Edition

This is actually a Shockwave game, not Unity, but it's another one that's sucked away hours of my life so I thought I'd include it.  It's a driving game in a fairly open world (and you unlock more areas as you get achievements and stuff) where you race around shooting things with car mounted guns, ramming cop cars, getting upgrades, engaging in races, and just generally causing traffic-related mischief.  It's basically GTA if you never got out of the car.

Wow, thanks for linking all these games!  I'll take a proper look at them tomorrow!

Happy to!  Let me know what you think of them.

Did you get to try any of the others yet (Exmortis, The Last Door, Chzo Mythos)?  Just curious what you thought.

Remember, it helps to play them at night, with the lights off, and headphones turned up.  More-so Exmortis and The Last Door.  The Chzo Mythos isn't as atmospheric; it's more plot-heavy.  In a way, the story itself is more disturbing than how it's presented.  But as I said before, it's very cleverly written, especially in the third and fourth games where all the pieces come together.  What appears, at first, to be a simple haunted house story ends up going a lot deeper and being much more far-reaching.

ColdFire - The man with no name.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
I guess since we are talking about free games I will give a few (non Unity) suggestions:

Momodora 1/2: Cave Story esque platformer and a ton of fun
Psycho Walugi: Another platformer starring everybody's favorite weirdo
Hydorah: Super Fun SHMUP
Minerva Metastasis: Really high quality Half Life fanmade side story (Steam)
Stanley Parable: If you don't want to pay for the HD version, check out the free version. This game is freaking amazing.
Super Crate Box: Fun and super challenging 2D arena shooter? I don't really know what genre this would be, but it is a lot of fun ^.^

Say what?  There's a free version of The Stanley Parable?  I fully intended to get around to this game at some point (and I still do), but I didn't know there was a free version I could play in the meantime!

Time to hopefully bring this thread back to life...

anyone remember Glover? It used to scare me when I was just a little lad.

*Sound Of Rain said:

Time to hopefully bring this thread back to life...

anyone remember Glover? It used to scare me when I was just a little lad.

Rain!  You're back!  Woohoo! *hugs Rain*

spurgeonryan said:
I have it and played it six months ago. Still a 7/10, but the fogging!!!!! Ahhh!!

Honestly, I couldn't get past the title screen without feeling like I was being watched...

I did play some of it though and the controls made it near impossible to play at 6. I haven't been able to re-try it.

what is the "fogging"?

Around the Network
said:

Thanks for the bundle of excitement friend. 

spurgeonryan said:

It probably has some technical name like Aliasing. It is where the back ground looks like fog or is blank. Because the N64 could not handle it.

I remember that. I assumed that was supposed to happen. Ha!

*Sound Of Rain said:
said:

Thanks for the bundle of excitement friend. 

Heh!  Sorry.  I'm just pleased to see you - I didn't honestly know if you were coming back.  But I'm glad you did.

Sorry about the dissertation I posted on your wall.  That was a rough week.

said:

Heh!  Sorry.  I'm just pleased to see you - I didn't honestly know if you were coming back.  But I'm glad you did.

Maybe we should continue this conversation on my / your wall. The mods won't like the thread going off-topic.

It's fine. Your wall of text made me feel important. Ha!

On Topic: How about that Kirby?

*Sound Of Rain said:
said:

Maybe we should continue this conversation on my / your wall. The mods won't like the thread going off-topic.

Oh right.  Sorry.

*Sound Of Rain said:

It's fine. Your wall of text made me feel important. Ha!

Well, I'm glad to hear it.

*Sound Of Rain said:

On Topic: How about that Kirby?

Kirby?