By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog Asked Activision to Let them Include Crash Bandicoot in Fan Art Contest; Got Denied

oldschoolfool said:
mornelithe said:
oldschoolfool said:
The crash series died along time ago. I personally think people just need 2 get over it.

Maybe, but at the same time it was once a great IP, so it would be reasonable to suggest that if done right, it could be great again, correct?

the series died 15 years ago when naughty dog stopped making the crash games. If it has'nt been done right for that long,I pretty much think it's a lost cause. 

Well, by the amount of folks who seem interested, I'd say it's worth a gamble.  Especially if Sony can pick it back up, and put Naughty Dog on it.

Around the Network
amak11 said:
Well they did sell the franchise to Activision ages ago to get out of bankruptcy. it must be hard letting go. Wouldn't be surprised if the next Crash game is a multiplatform title coming to everything including the Xbox One and Wii U.

I think youre mistaken.

mornelithe said:
oldschoolfool said:
mornelithe said:
oldschoolfool said:
The crash series died along time ago. I personally think people just need 2 get over it.

Maybe, but at the same time it was once a great IP, so it would be reasonable to suggest that if done right, it could be great again, correct?

the series died 15 years ago when naughty dog stopped making the crash games. If it has'nt been done right for that long,I pretty much think it's a lost cause. 

Well, by the amount of folks who seem interested, I'd say it's worth a gamble.  Especially if Sony can pick it back up, and put Naughty Dog on it.

again,that's just a dream. Not going to happen. Activision is'nt going to sell the rights. I don't think even sony cares enough.

amak11 said:
Well they did sell the franchise to Activision ages ago to get out of bankruptcy. it must be hard letting go. Wouldn't be surprised if the next Crash game is a multiplatform title coming to everything including the Xbox One and Wii U.

No, Universal Interactive Studios owned the IP, it was the publisher. When ND got loose of Universal and went to Sony, they couldn't get the IP from Universal, who were bought by Vivendi who was later merged with Activision.

Edit: Sierra Entertainment also had something to do with it, can't remember the exact details though.

Yep.

oldschoolfool said:

again,that's just a dream. Not going to happen. Activision is'nt going to sell the rights. I don't think even sony cares enough.

I don't particularly care what the chances of it happening are, I simply said it could be good, and lucrative, provided Sony/ND gets the rights back.