By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One Piece Unlimited World Red is AWESOME

Ocilayton said:
vivster said:
I want One Piece to be Zelda style with a big world to explore and dungeons.

I know nothing about this game but my guess is that it's not that kind of game.

It's not Zelda level of course but it's closer than I expected. Exploring is encouraged and the levels are fairly open and dense with content. It's more structured like Monster Hunter with a hub town and open levels outside.

Hm... I watched the trailer now. Looks like fun. Might've tried it if there was a PS4 version.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Ocilayton said:

I just wanted to let everyone know how good this game is. Even if you're not a fan of one piece (shame on you) you'll still enjoy this game. The battle system is fun and varied and there's tons of stuff to do. This game is a lot fun feel free to ask any questions you have.

Which version are you playing? I'll probably buy the Vita version, I don't know if there is much difference.

I just prefer to play that type of games on a handheld.

daredevil.shark said:

One Piece Unlimited World is kinda "what if" game with anime story.

Hmm....a hypothetical canon might be interesting. I'll have to look more into it.

Basically, what I really want out of a game based on a manga property like this is to be able to interact with the world myself, exactly like the characters in the manga do. Whether it's as an OC avatar or known character, I'd prefer to play my own path rather than the set path of the manga storyline. Gosh, imagine being able to create your own unique pirate crew, name it, customize powers and skills, build your bounty by the actions you take, and meet characters from the main canon along the way. I would eat that up!

It's funny, since I usually prefer manga over anime due to filler arcs, with the pointless OCs and general auto-conclusiveness of it all...but I find that sort of thing would be ideal for a video game. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
VanceIX said:

The Big 4 which are consistently top 4 in manga popularity (not my favorite 4) in modern times, i.e One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tale.

If we're only looking at what's more popular currently, Attack on Titan, Magi, and Kuroko no Basuke probably deserve mention over Bleach or Fairy Tail. AoT actually outsold OP during the first half of 2014.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-03/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2014/.75177

I mostly agree with your sentiment though. I still love FT, but Bleach and Naruto are really hard to get excited about anymore. Heck, I like to pretend the latter doesn't even exist now. Can't believe I was a Nardo fan for so long. Bleargh.

OT: If this game covers original material, I might actually be interested in it. I get bored of having to stay in canon the whole game. I'm already aware of what happens in the canon story, what I really want is to have fun in the universe I'm so familar with.

That's exactly how I feel. Are we soul mates? I also think he was talking about popularity on websites where you can read manga and not how many copies are being sold in Japan. 

OT: I can't wait to play this game. I love One Piece and hearing that this is also a good game has me super excited. 

veritaz said:

That's exactly how I feel. Are we soul mates? I also think he was talking about popularity on websites where you can read manga and not how many copies are being sold in Japan. 

OT: I can't wait to play this game. I love One Piece and hearing that this is also a good game has me super excited. 

Ah...I guess that makes sense. Those four are usually at the top of the lists. 

And I knew you were a cool person from your FT avs/sigs. ;) The only thing I hate about FT is having to wait 7 days for the next chapter to be released. I need to know who Gray just defeated!!!!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
VanceIX said:

The Big 4 which are consistently top 4 in manga popularity (not my favorite 4) in modern times, i.e One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tale.

If we're only looking at what's more popular currently, Attack on Titan, Magi, and Kuroko no Basuke probably deserve mention over Bleach or Fairy Tail. AoT actually outsold OP during the first half of 2014.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-03/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2014/.75177

I mostly agree with your sentiment though. I still love FT, but Bleach and Naruto are really hard to get excited about anymore. Heck, I like to pretend the latter doesn't even exist now. Can't believe I was a Nardo fan for so long. Bleargh.

OT: If this game covers original material, I might actually be interested in it. I get bored of having to stay in canon the whole game. I'm already aware of what happens in the canon story, what I really want is to have fun in the universe I'm so familar with.

True, if you took only manga right now, Attack on Titan, Magi, Kuroko no Basuke, and Nisekoi are easily among the most popular crowd. Overall though, over the last ten years or so, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tale, and Death Note have been consistently at the top in terms of popularity.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Legendary_W said:
This thread is what I needed. I am from Argentina and I MUST use pre-paid cards to buy things in the eShop, so I have to use the money very carefully. I have never seen One Piece even though I always wanted to (laziness), but this game is really appealing to me. I have only $55 dollars left and the game costs $49.99 + taxes, so it's $54, leaving me with only $1. Is it worth it? Or should I wait until I can buy another pre-paid card and have some money to spare for possible new digital exclusives?
If it's useful to know, I feel like this game will finally push me into the series.

Argentina has NTSC Wii U consoles, right? I'm asking because they had PAL-N TV's.

Can't you create a NNID for another NTSC country?

Europeans can create an South African NNID to get games a cheaper (40 instead of 60 Euros).

For as much as I love One Piece. I don't think I can get pass its Musou style combat.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I think it would be cool if such superlative were used in a more smart fashion.

As somewhat a One Piece fan I don't consider this game good in any way. Wait for Cyberconnect to make something good out of the license, then we'll talk.

This game is correct for a One Piece's fan who can close his eyes on many problems. Garbage for everyone else.

Ocilayton said:

I just wanted to let everyone know how good this game is. Even if you're not a fan of one piece (shame on you) you'll still enjoy this game. The battle system is fun and varied and there's tons of stuff to do. This game is a lot fun feel free to ask any questions you have.

One Piece was probably the best thing written for children/teen until W7. Water 7 was too good for the serie, it was so good it almost killed it. The suite was really meh. W7 was too hard to follow for Oda.