By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2: Which One Looks Better?

sales2099 said:
Xenostar said:

You dont think you would notice the slpash and spray when you drive through a puddle, or the car handling slipping as the wheels spin. 

Erm ok, you clearly dont drive.

Ok im all for immersion, id just be focused on staying on track and passing the AI in the game is all. Geez

So now you're warned that there might still be standing water at the bottom of hills after it has rained, affecting your ability to stay on track :p
Big improvement over GT6 rain where the entire track slowly uniformly loses traction as it keeps raining.

Around the Network

Ok, the last DC clip looks very promissing.

But I would like to understand how "open" and how "dynamic" both games are.

Dark_Feanor said:

DC: linear race very dynamic

FH2: open world race less dynamic

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Chris Hu said:
BillyBong said:
Chris Hu said:

I think you need to look up the metascores of all of Evolution Studios games again their track record is not so stellar.  Also the last time they made a game with real cars was in 2004.

uhm.. avg 80s.. surely Evolution games must of played well and sold well enough to be bought by SCE and continue to create racing games well into 2014, no?  You're basing everything off of history, which Playground only has 1 game to its' name, albiet the first was pretty good, but hardly not indicative of what Fh2 will be.  like i said.. could very well bomb.  Same as Evolution's history of meta 80's games.. for all you know, DC could be their hit that gives em a 90+.. so how exactly is a studio with avg. 80 meta not stellar?  regardless, It's all speculation up to this point, until both games are released, but assuming like you are that one's already better than the other just because of studio association?  and not even that.. but basically comparing a studio that's been making games since the ps1 days to a studio who's first game appeared in 2012?  lmao.. ND's track record wasn't so stellar meta wise and historically.. and look at them now..or look at Crytek.. awesome start up titles to creating duds and now possibly gone.. 

Pretty good you need to check the numbers again it was the highest rated racing game of 2012.  Evolution Studios on the other hand never released the highest rated racing game of any years one of their games game out there where always racing games that year that where better and rated higher.  Also there is no way that DriveClub will be a 90+ on meta it lacks content like all of their previous games.  Which is not the case with Horizon 2 it will at least feature three times as much content as the first game.  Just the single player campaign will be at least four times longer.

How do you know this? You can't make these assumptions based on previous games. They're a company, they will improve on aspects over time and they can falter as well. And the same applies to Horizon 2. I think you need to stop being hysterical over this. I've seen you clamoring this mantra before.

FATALITY said:
Dark_Feanor said:

DC: linear race very dynamic

FH2: open world race less dynamic

Well, if that is the case is a given that DC will look better. It´s almost the same thing as asking wich looks better, GTA-V or The Last of Us?

Around the Network

Driveclub looks nicer, but they both look good. I am more curious how they control and if a racing game will have couch co-op again.

I'll just say that if you took off the HUD for both games, I would have told you that Forza Horizon 2 was a video game, and that Drive Club was real life.

Next to each other, they look a generation apart. FH2 after all is a cross-gen title, so no surprise, really.

Tamron said:

Driveclub, the overall presentation looks much more realistic.

It actually looks genuinely wet, humid and dangerous to drive it, where as FH just looks like someone emptied a few buckets on to the track.

FH:
Road: wet
Everything else: dry as a bone

DC:
Road: wet
Everything else: wet

However, i'll reserve final judgement till both games are actually out.

Actually the 2 scenes are not comparable.  Not know if there is a scene from FH2 that is a downpour like the one from Drive Club its hard to make a realistic comparison.  Until we have more footage from both games in multiple different scenarios you cannot jump to any real conclusions.

With that said from the video of that clip, Driveclub is definitely pushing a better graphical presentation from the footage I have seen from FH2.

MoHasanie said:
FATALITY said:

DRIVECLUB of course. so obvious. its not even funny

I dunno. I feel like Forza looks better. 

FH2 is open world on a weaker system. Drive club is going to look better.