By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How does The Last of Us PS4 compare with the PS3 version? First screenshots leak online

Just like some people are saying, you can't judge them by cutscenes. When/If there's not a noticeable bump in gameplay visuals,then crucify the game. As of right now, it's kind of pointless.

Around the Network

To be honest there isn't a huge chance. I think it will just be less jaggy, some textures improved and improve lighting. If your still new to the game then perfect, but pointless if you played it on PS3. I will pass because I don't care. 

Screenshot from a cutscene doesn't tell me a lot. The cutscenes on PS3 looked better than the gameplay which is what I'm thinking they focused on improving. Also anyone else getting tired of everyone looking at the time frame and ignoring the new hardware? I mean would it be better if ND waited until 2017 to release a tLoU remake or should they wait until PS5? They're offering it for $50 while the original is still selling for $30 with over $30 worth of DLC. That means it's a tremendous value without even factoring in the improved visuals, framerate, online functionality, and controller you get with the PS4 version which are all going to be better than the original selling for $30.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

g911turbo said:
CladInShadows said:
No matter how much better it looks, it will not look good enough for me to spend 50 bucks on a game I just spent 60 on.

Given how recent TLOU was on PS3, you'd think Sony would have some sort of trade in promotion for those who have the ps3 version.  For example, 20 bucks off when you trade in your PS3 version.  That way they can make a PS4 console and game sales.  Or worst case, get someone who already has the PS3 and PS4 to just rebuy the game.

I was hoping for a lower upgrade price.  But it really doesn't look like that will happen anymore.  Even if they sold it for the price of the DLC.  

pretty much what I've been saying. Once again these ''remasters'' are proven to be underwhelming and not worth it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Err that's a cutscene, and given that this is a Naughty Dog game, the cutscenes for the remastered version were not going to be much better than those from the original.

Well ill buy it because of 60 fps not so much for the graphics.

Count the people that do not read past the first post

It is an unfair comparison... The ps3 one is from a cutscene rendered by 8 ps3's at 720p 30fps. the ps4 one is rendered on 1 ps4 in 1080p60fps