By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When do you think the new consoles will reach highest monthly sales of predecessors?

CHina will soon have the strongest economy what will sell sony or NINTENDO

Around the Network
geolight09 said:
What is the world's economy

is this a real question?

For Wii U, the month Zelda releases. Or never. Probably never, let's be honest.

For Xbone...I dunno, possibly never. Might manage it in December 2016.

For PS4, probably not this year, since there's quite a lack of releases, but next year for sure.

I think all consoles won't do it. Japan for wiiu and Ps4 will be a big factor. Ps4 is currently doing 3ds numbers in its decline years. Ps4 is showing its no wii or ps2. In japan its not even a ps3. I feel xbone lost to much of its spirit. Wiiu will never hit those numbers or even xbox numbers. Overall, I feel there will be a 50 percent drop in hardware. This is the last gen.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Depends on how any other two perform.

If both the wiiU and XB1 never reach their peak monthly sales numbers, then it will kinda by default mean that teh PS4 will not only reach those numbers but exceed them. If everyone isn't buying something, its cause they are buying something else.

lets say in fall 2015 both the the XB1 and PS4 are at $300. And that also happens to be when all the big multiplats are exclusive to current gen consoles. And that also happens to be when FF15 comes out in japan/MGS5. And that also happens to be when halo 5 and uncharted 4 release. Lots of ifs I know. Well, it will take all these ifs happening for either the PS4/XB1 to exceed their PS3/360 monthly best. It will be impossible for the wiiU though, I mean the wiiU hasn't managed in over 18 months to sell what the wii sold in one month.