By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft seems to be forcing developers to downgrade the ps4 visuals to match xbox one games through parity clause.

wilco said:
eva01beserk said:

If you read the thread then you would see many examples where given. BUt the only proof that you are willing to accept is that the devs or phil spencers comes out and says "yes its true, MS is paying us to keep parity" wich will never happen and you can live in denial saying your right.

I myself think that it is almost imposible that MS pays all devs to keep parity or even some, but I am not dumb enough to say no that can never happen and it wont and anything you say is just dumb hate.

Nothing is ever 100% or 0% certain wich is what he was trying to say. So there is a chance that this might be happening. Might be the devs ho do it on their own for the sales but we know for certain that the ps4 can provide 50% better visuals and its not up to devate.

Lol... first you criticize people for speaking in absolutes then you start speaking in absolutes. What does 50% "better" visuals even mean? What rubric are you using?

Your right I did. But keep in mind that is safe to say that 2x2=4 or lava burns or lions eat meat, why? because its been prooven. The ps4 and x1 comparisons have been made, taken apart and analized piece by piece. But to say that about the parity when all we have is the vague comentary of some devs, then its open to speculation and then there is no right answer and nothing can be said with centanty.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

I hope this is nonsense, but it is spreading around the net from better sources that the one the op used. 

http://gamingbolt.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-aiming-for-resolutionfps-parity-on-ps4xbox-one-engine-detailed

Is the main source, but a fair few are pointing to a full article in OXM -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR_ho1Froqc#t=10

to name a reputable one.  I'm really against fanboyism and resolutiongate died out some time around last christmas to most sane people, but there is no way I can give good money to a company forcing fixed parity.  If that means they are striving for a stunning looking 1080/60 game across the board then count me in.   If that means I turn on my PC or PS4 and load it up to see a 900/30 game, then no thanks.  In that case they have lost a customer for life.

eva01beserk said:
wilco said:
eva01beserk said:

If you read the thread then you would see many examples where given. BUt the only proof that you are willing to accept is that the devs or phil spencers comes out and says "yes its true, MS is paying us to keep parity" wich will never happen and you can live in denial saying your right.

I myself think that it is almost imposible that MS pays all devs to keep parity or even some, but I am not dumb enough to say no that can never happen and it wont and anything you say is just dumb hate.

Nothing is ever 100% or 0% certain wich is what he was trying to say. So there is a chance that this might be happening. Might be the devs ho do it on their own for the sales but we know for certain that the ps4 can provide 50% better visuals and its not up to devate.

Lol... first you criticize people for speaking in absolutes then you start speaking in absolutes. What does 50% "better" visuals even mean? What rubric are you using?

Your right I did. But keep in mind that is safe to say that 2x2=4 or lava burns or lions eat meat, why? because its been prooven. The ps4 and x1 comparisons have been made, taken apart and analized piece by piece. But to say that about the parity when all we have is the vague comentary of some devs, then its open to speculation and then there is no right answer and nothing can be said with centanty.

The PS4 having better hardware does not guarantee 50% better visuals. If your trying to derive some kind of mathematical formula here don't bother, it's not that simple. Until games are fully created by programs and not humans you won't be able to make those kind of broad statements.

And as you said the commentary from the dev is very vague. It's just typical PR speak, you are choosing to extrapolate a lot of information from a statement that couldn't be any more innocuous. You are free to speculate, but if your speculation is that MS is forcing parity, then that is not a well thought out or logical conclusion.

Jaxyfoo said:

I hope this is nonsense, but it is spreading around the net from better sources that the one the op used. 

http://gamingbolt.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-aiming-for-resolutionfps-parity-on-ps4xbox-one-engine-detailed

Is the main source, but a fair few are pointing to a full article in OXM -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR_ho1Froqc#t=10

to name a reputable one.  I'm really against fanboyism and resolutiongate died out some time around last christmas to most sane people, but there is no way I can give good money to a company forcing fixed parity.  If that means they are striving for a stunning looking 1080/60 game across the board then count me in.   If that means I turn on my PC or PS4 and load it up to see a 900/30 game, then no thanks.  In that case they have lost a customer for life.

If xbox one is holding back PS4 then certainly PS4 is holdig back PC. Controversy- Is Sony forcing third parties to downgrade the PC versions?? It makes perfect sense. I should write a sensational opinion piece about it. I could even use the exact same quote from the COD dev as my evidence.

Indie release parity clause has nothing to do with graphics parity.

Now you have no proof except for wild accusations and MS being the big, bad corporation.

That said, politics >>>>>>> specs. Tuff luck (if true) ;P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
wilco said:
eva01beserk said:
wilco said:

The PS4 having better hardware does not guarantee 50% better visuals. If your trying to derive some kind of mathematical formula here don't bother, it's not that simple. Until games are fully created by programs and not humans you won't be able to make those kind of broad statements.

And as you said the commentary from the dev is very vague. It's just typical PR speak, you are choosing to extrapolate a lot of information from a statement that couldn't be any more innocuous. You are free to speculate, but if your speculation is that MS is forcing parity, then that is not a well thought out or logical conclusion.

If you read well the first coment youll se that all I said was that you canot deny that its not a posibility, I am  leaning in COD and Destiny with MS paid them, but I said myself is unlikely but that is a possibility.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

It's not really part of a fanboy argument.  As a mainly PC gamer I hate the PC master race argument.  You just realise how shoddy a port and how bad the developers are when you see a game coming out at say 1080/30.  30FPS may as well be 1fps, PC owners don't spend £800 on graphics cards to play a game at 1080/30. 

They should aim to get the best out of each system period.  When PC owners see need for speed, watchdogs, dead rising 3 and the other locked 30 fps games they are going to resent the consoles.  Fifa 15 for instance is coming out on PS2.  Imagine if EA announced tomorrow that all console versions were direct ports of that version.  People would not stop laughing till Fifa 16 came out.

Games in this day and age should all be 60fps locked and then add resolution and effects on top to keep that locked.  All that should matter unless you have spent that £800 on a gfx card is how good and fun a game is, knowing that the developer did a good job and produced the best game for the system it is on.  Bad upwards ports go against this.  I guarantee that nobody in this thread would even be arguing if Sledgehammer came out and said PS3 is the main version and all versions will be 520/30 ports.  No, then everybody would be knowing how exactly what is going through PC and PS4 owners minds, and would be cancelling pre orders or being glad they were forewarned and dodged a bullet.

mind said:

Geez, i guess logic is nonexistent for majority of the people.

Sorry guys, but i don't want to write wall of text(and spend half an hour on it) and get "NO EVIDENCE!!11!1!" in return.

All the "evidence" there could ever be already in the public, not hidden from anyone, you just gotta have desire, common knowledge and logic to find an answer, and here we have a problem, because nonexistent logic comes across with desire not to find an answer, but to argue(try another fool).

Wow I'm shocked that you have such a generic non-answer to back up your completely illogical and make believe theory.

KLXVER said:
Looking at the recent sales figures, they shouldnt be giving demands to any developer...

COD: Ghosts has sold a little more on X1 compared to PS4 in NA.. Which considering the PS4 has about 500k more consoles in North America is interesting. Proving that Xbox is likely still the "home" of COD.  

Also COD: Ghosts X1/X360 sales are more then PS3/PS4 sales WORLDWIDE. Not by much.. but still more..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Why was the OP moderated? OP is merely suggesting a possibility...not stating it as fact.

I'm seriously confused at the moderation...does this guy have a history of flaming or something..? Even then its a pretty big stretch to claim the OP is flaming with hes post.

Really confused by the mod.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|