By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Escaping Google

I want to stop using Google because they are simply getting too big and I don't care for them sharing my data.  I would like to move to a decently low priced paid email that encrypts (not like it matters since government can break encryptions) and doesn't share my data or try to personalize ads towards me (not like it matters too much because I use ad block).  I basically just don't trust them anymore.

Lately I noticed Google lagging on my computer (when I try hitting home page it just spins).  However, I can go to any other site and it will load instantly (so it appears to be a problem loading Google and no other site; problem is intermittent).  Not sure what is going on but it is starting to be annoying.  It doesn't happen all the time but a decent amount lately.

I could elaborate more but basically I just want some suggestions on a good search site (which is bland and basic like Google).  Please no bing, yahoo, or msn suggestions because their home page is way too flashy/crap I don't want to see. I also would like to know a good paid email service that encrypts and doesn't share data.

Around the Network

To start I quite honestly don't see you completely escaping Google by not using their email service and search engine.. It's not really an answer to your question of course, but I want to make that clear.

There really is no escaping Google. I have chosen to embrace my new Google Lords, and have irreversibly plugged myself into their ecosystem.

Squeezol said:
To start I quite honestly don't see you completely escaping Google by not using their email service and search engine.. It's not really an answer to your question of course, but I want to make that clear.

I don't use any of their other products besides Youtube and I refuse to log into account for Youtube.  I might still visit Youtube for a few random videos but I don't surf Youtube videos looking at stupid cat videos and monkeys getting head from frogs (okay I lied on that last one considering I saw it).

CladInShadows said:
There really is no escaping Google. I have chosen to embrace my new Google Lords, and have irreversibly plugged myself into their ecosystem.

Sounds like you need to get Google Glass so you can be an "explorer".

Around the Network

you can't escape from skynet

i had conecction problems with google earlier and was like what the fuck do i do now, help!!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Atm, the only good alternative to Google is Bing but that doesnt mean its anymore secure in terms of Search engine... The only difference is that do u want google to know your searches or Microsoft lolll

But you can also try DuckDuckGo in terms of your search cause they are fairly safe and tries to protect your privacy more than many other search engines do

In terms of Secure email, The ones we had before that were really good were Lavabit and Silent Circle but both are shutdown after NSA's thing. I suggest you dont go paying for am email service until this NSA thing is over cause more and more secure email services will be shutdown or be compromised until the NSA thing is over

In the future, keep an eye out for Dark Mail Alliance though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Search engine: duckduckgo

Use it for search for encrypted webmail. Look for services that encrypt in AES, it's highly unlikely that even the nefarious likes of GCHQ/NSA can get around those (though, simply searching for such services will probably be a trigger)

sethnintendo said:
CladInShadows said:

Sounds like you need to get Google Glass so you can be an "explorer".

I think Google Glass is where I draw the line. Unless they create a Matrix-like Google world where I can surrender my body fully.

My body is ready!