By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: GT7 to release as Project Morpheus launch tittle in late 2015. (i suck :/ )

I would like to agree, and it would make sense. I would also really like to get 2 GT games this gen, one for "Morpheus" one for "PS4".

Why I think it won't happen though? Cause Yamauchi and Polyphony have some weirdly big kind of autonomy. I mean Kaz is probably one of the biggest visionaries in the industry, he is a man of great passion, but it was also him who said those baffling words that Gran Turismo won't be on the Vita until there is a big enough installed base, cause GT is a huge franchise that requires it, which is mind boggling to me as it is exactly his duty to make this install base, but reality is different and I don't think Yoshida wants to cross him.

So I imagine GT for Morpheus may share the same fate, plus Yoshida himself said that he had motion sickness while trying some racing demos on the Morpheus, so I doubt he would try to push towards it.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
PS4 isn't going to be powerful enough to run a detailed and fully next gen GT7 on morpheus.

What makes you say that? I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the tech involved with VR, but shouldn't it run similarly to on the TV? The game is just being split into two 960x1080 images (one for each eye) rather than a singular 1920x1080 image. If there is something more to it i'd be interested in knowing.

There is a rumor though that Sony is aiming for 2560x1440 with the final product, in which case the need for a visual downgrade would make sense.

i suck at predictions