By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overhyped Game of the Year so Far

phaedruss said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Titanfall followed by MK8. Reserve my judgement on destiny till launch.

Yea I think there's a trio, Titanfall/MK8/Watch Dogs.

I think MK8 lived up to/exceeded everyone's expectations. Overhyped requires the game to be below everyone's expectations.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
Raze said:
phaedruss said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Titanfall followed by MK8. Reserve my judgement on destiny till launch.

Yea I think there's a trio, Titanfall/MK8/Watch Dogs.

I think MK8 lived up to/exceeded everyone's expectations. Overhyped requires the game to be below everyone's expectations.

It didn't exceed my expectations lol.

Kind of a three-way tie for me between Titanfall, Infamous and Watch Dogs. I will say that I was expecting the most out of Watch Dogs so I guess it failed to live up to the hype the most for me personally.

Infamous, Titanfall and Watch_Dogs.

They're all good games, but people were hyping them up to extraordinary levels.

Definitely Titanfall. #Believethehype #HaveyouseenTitanfall? #Conversationisover #Titanfallwillsellxbox #GOTG

Watch doges had hype but this hype becomes hate after the downgrade footage leaked.

Infamous had hype? i mean the only place i remember talking about this game was the "smell like a bennie spirit" thread on neogaf.

Around the Network

@Overhyped
Titanfall gets the first place.
Watch Dogs was very hyped once, but the hype faded a little when it got close to launch.
I think Sunset Overdrive will follow.

Can i just add the HD twins here? I'm just so glad i haven't made the early jump this gen, that launch hype almost got me.

@Delivered
I actually think MK8 delivered. It is way more balanced and even had a good enought online multiplayer, despite no voice chat. It is just as good looking, fun and with tight gameplay as expected.

Dark Souls 2 too, despite the graphics and it wasn't that hyped to begin with. Just pointing it because i had a lot of fun with it.

I honestly believe Destiny will be able to deliver too, the hype around it is more sober. Smash U too.

Titanfail obviously, since the second coming of the christ did not happen...

However Watch Dog is a good contender too.

For me MK8. Yes, it is good. But it is also only just another merio kart game and not the biggest gaming revelation.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Watch Dogs - Average game, everyone thought it would be the first true next gen experience like Gears of War was but it fell far short. Titanfall, yes over-rated to an extent by a certain fanbase but at least its still a really good game.

Bar none Titanfall. I called it from when it was announced: "It will have slightly-above mediocre sales and get reviews in the 80's. People will forget about about it in half a year."