By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A few notes on game submissions

okr said:
I've noticed that nearly 4.000 boxarts are missing.

I've already updated some boxarts in the past (only some dozens, I have to admit) and want to help update some more.

Therefore my question goes to all ladies & gentlemen who are/were updating lots of games:

What's your preferred source(s) for boxarts?

I always add boxarts to the games I've added, Most of the boxarts I add comes From GameFAQs

Around the Network
pichu_pichu said:
okr said:

I've already updated some boxarts in the past (only some dozens, I have to admit) and want to help update some more.

Therefore my question goes to all ladies & gentlemen who are/were updating lots of games:

I always add boxarts to the games I've added, Most of the boxarts I add comes From GameFAQs

Yes, I noticed this when you were adding the first VC games lately (OoT was the very first you added and I was the first to click on "I own this game") 

Thanks to you and ferret1603 for adding the VC games so quickly, btw.

I am planning to add all NES games by myself, with box art and screenshots

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

okr said:
pichu_pichu said:
okr said:

Yes, I noticed this when you were adding the first VC games lately (OoT was the very first you added and I was the first to click on "I own this game") 

Thanks to you and ferret1603 for adding the VC games so quickly, btw.

yeah, but ferret didn't add boxarts to the games she added, I guess I'll add them when I have the time

I use GameFaqs as well. Pretty handy having boxarts, dev/publisher info, and often times the release dates. I've found a few elusive boxarts on sites like Ebay and Amazon, some by Google if the others fail. There was one that I simply couldn't find at all. It was some Woody Woodpecker game for the Genesis. If I'm not mistaken, I found the Master System boxart, but not the Genesis boxart.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

A few times when trying to OK games, I wanted to send a msg back to the creator - telling them to fix a few things up, or get some more info - before actually ok'ing it. Sometimes another mod actually got in and ok'd it before I had the chance to act.

There is no easy way to do this - we need a more extensive mod/db system built around game entry.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
A few times when trying to OK games, I wanted to send a msg back to the creator - telling them to fix a few things up, or get some more info - before actually ok'ing it. Sometimes another mod actually got in and ok'd it before I had the chance to act.

There is no easy way to do this - we need a more extensive mod/db system built around game entry.

I'm sure you know already, but apparently that will be coming with the DB retooling. I'm very excited to see what ioi has in store for us.

I can't believe some of the stuff that has been accepted into the DB. I don't know what was more discouraging- the mod or mods who accepted some of the more obviously flawed entries, or the people who are so sloppy when filling out the forms.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Usually when you 150 moderator jobs pending, you might overlook some of the entries (no exaggeration!).

Also, why aren't I a Database Guardian? You know how much I've done for the database?!!