By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A few notes on game submissions

Is my suggestion for flagging games being taken into consideration? Sometimes I think I'm the only one that feels a nagging sensation every time I come across games in the database with wrong or mutilated titles. It would certainly help if we could have database users that aren't moderators to help clean up those messes, because I'd volunteer.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

The problem I have with the database is trying to upload boxarts or screenshots. It doesn't work for me. If that worked, I'd be more apt to put many more games in the database.

for #2. There is a difference between EA, EA Sports, and Electronic Arts. The question is, do we want to recognize the name changes that Electronic Arts has gone through.

However, I do agree people need to be more careful with misspellings and such. I have changed a few myself and it is a pain

Also, I blame ioi for all the games with numbers for publishers, and a lot of misspellings.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Yeah. The data captured in games being recorded like TalonMan says are done in some cases like a joke. Some people are just not spending more than 20 seconds to make sure the game details are right. I bet in most cases people are not using the search function that is on here effectively to see if a game already exists. I must admit it would boil my piss having to make all the corrections because someone couldn't be bothered to actually look to see if the game/data was already there or not.

There will be a few names and shorts for differnet companies like EA being mentioned. Personally I find it hard to complete publisher data becuase they are not on the list (they don't exist anymore) which is a problem I find in trying to record game details, especially games from more than 10 years ago.

Edit... Spelling :)

Good to see this site is still going 

Of course I'd be more than happy to correct these details, which I have done in a couple of cases already. It's more accurate and looks more professional too, having the correct data in the first place should eliminate copies of games.... that's if people can spell in the first place!. Of course not everyone can do perfect English and I don't blame those people who put in the effort and just don't get it quite right :)

*Edit [End of Rant] Sorry! :D

Around the Network

I'm sure there will be people on here who could help you with the Jap. games TalonMan, message y-koron. I'm sure he could point you in the right direction to other Jap. members on this site :)

I'm so stoked about the database changes. I've been getting pretty frustrated with the sloppy entries lately, and in all honesty, it was starting to wear on me a bit.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Talon.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

@TalonMan:

May I suggest that you add a line with "Added to the database by..." on top of "Last updated by..."?

At the moment we can only see the last person who updated a game, but updating could mean adding a game, editing or both.

@TalonMan

I'd much rather stay with IE and still be able to add screenshots.
also how's.. you know? comin along.

So far I'm fairly certain that all my submissions are good. There have been a couple that were duplicates, but only because the first submittal has the wrong name, and when searching for them I missed due to the variation in spelling (or word order).

Also, I have a handful of GB games that still need updating, but work got really hectic and I haven't had any spare time, so I'll be getting to those ASAP. I also got sidetracked by some really interesting games like Segagaga

It would be great though, if on first submittal that you could just add all the information at once. Especially for those games that were released in multiple regions.

EDIT: also, once some updates are made to the database I plan on going back through all my GG and GB submittals and making sure they are all correct.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)