By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else tired of the "indie boom"?

osed125 said:
I created a monster

ARE YOU PROUD OF YOUR FRANKENSTEIN?!

Around the Network
Wright said:
osed125 said:
I created a monster

Um, Frankenstein is the doctor that created the monster. The monster never actually had a name.

Yeah I know I am. I don't think I've played a single good indie game so far other than Minecraft. I'll happily take my yearly CoD, AC, etc.... over any indie game. No Man's Sky is the only indie game that I'm looking forward to at this point.

Euphoria14 said:

So don't buy the bad ones and only support the good. Problem solved.

Don't just lump them all together and think EShop title for $5 = trash.

What are the standards anyways? Wiimusic? Nintendo land? Carnival games? WiiPlay? Quantum Theory?  Spending millions? 

Im genuinely curious since you seem to be the one wih the answers.

With the ratio of bad to good, finding the good ones was like a needle in a haystack, especially when just about all the ones I heard hyped and praised failed to impress.

And I'd certainly rank the likes of Nintendoland and Wii Play well above the average indie game.

I never claimed to have all the answers, I'm just sharing my opinion.

Aura7541 said:
Wright said:

Um, Frankenstein is the doctor that created the monster. The monster never actually had a name.

ARE YOU PROUD OF CORRECTING ME?!

Around the Network

Question:What was Rockstar known for before GTA3? - Answer:Top down city racer.
Question:What was DICE known for before Battlefield? - Answer:Pinball games.

Question:What was Hello Games known for before No Man's Sky? - Answer:2D Excitebike clone.

You never know where the next great AAA Studio is coming from!

NobleTeam360 said:
Yeah I know I am. I don't think I've played a single good indie game so far other than Minecraft. I'll happily take my yearly CoD, AC, etc.... over any indie game. No Man's Sky is the only indie game that I'm looking forward to at this point.

Half Life 2 and Left for Dead are indie games ;)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Test (Buddy issue)

Strange, every time I come to VGchartz, my buddy shows a new comment in the thread.  But no new comments, and even after I posted this, it still shows a new comment (even after refresh).  Obnoxious.