By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gravity Rush vs Guacamelee vs Dragon's Crown. The Rating Game.

Which of the 3 Vita games is Best.

Dragon's Crown. 17 21.52%

Guacamelee. 12 15.19%

Gravity Rush. 38 48.10%

I'm a wimp, I'm gonna s... 12 15.19%

Total:79

Welcome back to The Rating Game.

Handheld gaming. 

Weather your on the bus, the train, sitting in the park, at the movies, waiting in the mall while your wife shops till she drops or just sitting at home on your comfy sofa, handheld games are a perfect fit for our gaming lives.

The Playstation Vita has seen some truly amazing games released in its short lifespan.

From game's like Zero Escape, to Soul Sacrifice, to the amazing Tearaway, to refined hits like Killzone. 

The Vita is an absolute  beast.

2 things that I think the Vita does well,

(1) It's abality to deliver amazing 100% console perfect games on the go. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Sonic And All Stars Transformed and Street Fighter vs Tekken are a few standouts.

(2) Its beautiful large screen seems to just make handheld gaming feel so right. The pop, the color, the size of the screen just seems perfect.

Well this is The Rating Game, so lets get down to business.

There are many standout titles that can be listed as BEST OF Vita so far, but were going to list 3 of them.

- Guacamelee

- Dragon's Crown

- Gravity Rush

(1) If you were to get your hands on a sequel which game should get a sequel 1st  ? 

(2) Which of the 3 had the best Art Style ?

And as always, the polls await. Which of the 3 is the Better game.

The Rating Game.

Around the Network

I liked Gravity Rush followed by Guacamelee ever so slightly behind and finally Dragon's Crown

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

They all are exellent

i only have Gravity Rush & Dragon's Crown and i enjoy more when playing Gravity Rush...

I haven't played Guacamelee but out of Dragon's Crown and Gravity Rush, Dragon's Crown is a far better game imo.

Gravity Rush is decent, but really overrated. The unique style to Gravity Rush is what got me when I played the demo and really wanted to play more, but then once I finally purchased the game and did play more, I didn't ever complete it because I just got bored of the gameplay after the second town.

Dragon's Crown is your standard beat em up like Final Fight, Batman Returns, etc, with deeper gameplay and a RPG style character development and loot system. The character development isn't excessively deep, but you can level your characters up to play a bit different than someone else's version of the same character. The extra dungeons are randomized dungeons of the nine a/b dungeons you've already went through and the same 19 bosses, but each floor of the dungeons get harder and there's always the potential to find better loot. I've got four characters to level 99(or over,) one around 40(don't really like the elf,) and have only started playing as the amazon.  I've got over 130 hours of gameplay.  Haven't played for awhile.  Was thinking of going back to it if I can get some friends to play.

Around the Network

Dragon's Crown had the best art style by a long shot. Gravity Rush remains the only exclusive I want for the Vita so I sequel to that would be nice. Off topic, but does anyone know whats happening with GR2? Is it being retooled for PS4 now that Sony said there wont be any more major 1st party support for the Vita?

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I've only played Guacamele and I love it since it's a throwback to the good ol' days of Metroidvania..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

1 Gravity Rush
2 Gravity Rush

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Gravity Rush wins for me with Guacamelee being a somewhat distant second.

I found Gravity Rush to be an incredible experience. I loved the main character, thought the controls were awesome and something very unique; it had enough interesting gameplay to keep me going. I'd give it a 9.5/10.

Guacamelee was awesome. Easily a 9/10. Pure fun at its best. Can't recommend the game enough. Would still recommend slightly less than Gravity Rush, because the game is very simple and nothing stands out as far as I'm concerned. Everything is great, but nothing blew me away.

As for Dragon's Crown, it was my most anticipated game for a while but after playing it for a few days, I have to say it's probably a 7/10. There just isn't enough content there. I beat the main story in 5 hours (apart from the last stage) and have been leveling up my character ever since. It's a good game, but hopefully the sequel will have a better budget, because this is simply not enough for me and I usually like games like God of War or other hack and slash games that are considered short.

novasonic said:
Dragon's Crown had the best art style by a long shot. Gravity Rush remains the only exclusive I want for the Vita so I sequel to that would be nice. Off topic, but does anyone know whats happening with GR2? Is it being retooled for PS4 now that Sony said there wont be any more major 1st party support for the Vita?

They meant in the west. They said it's doing well in Japan, so they'll keep supporting it there. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a ps4/psvita game though, since the ps4 needs all the help it can get in Japan and an exclusive sequel wouldn't push psvita hardware sales all that much anyway.