By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will Religion ever be illegal in America?

well, it wont be easy because even the US dollar worships god.

Even the American Pledge of Allegiance is a prayer. They added "Under God"

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
starcraft said:
o_O.Q said:

At this point I'm not even really sure what we're talking about now but it seems to me though that you're insulting theists 

"If you do not have enough mental fortitude to decide your own values"

That is the point of theism that a set of values is used by a set of people and sure there will be some differences in interpretation bur from what I've experienced for the most part the values are universal across a group

*eye twitches*

*reaches for die*

I rolled a 15...but maybe we're using different dice

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

o_O.Q said:

marioboy2004 said

Atheism is just an eloquent way for people to use flowery verbs and adjectives to Re-present pagan morality as the "new age" morality, when in fact abortion, euthanasia, and sexual hedonism were all there before Christianity came to be..it's the "neopaganism" and Christians just filtered the harmful stuff out

Even the slavery abolitionist movement was led by the Church.. Martin Luther king jr was a renowned preacher and christian himself

Lol we that's quite ironic considering that Christianity was one of the tools used by the slavers in the first place to pacify the enslaved and also to justify the act of slavery in the first place 

You might want to research that 

Another interesting tidbit is that the bible does not abhor slavery 

Wow I didn't know Jesus Christ was pro slavery you wouldn't say LOl

Aura7541 said:
marioboy2004 said:

Atheism is just an eloquent way for people to use flowery verbs and adjectives to Re-present pagan morality as the "new age" morality, when in fact abortion, euthanasia, and sexual hedonism were all there before Christianity came to be..it's the "neopaganism" and Christians just filtered the harmful stuff out
Even the slavery abolitionist movement was led by the Church.. Martin Luther king jr was a renowned preacher and christian himself

Paganism has spiritualism and deities involved. Atheism, by definition, is the disbelief of deities and spiritualism. Do not fabricate a non-existent connection between atheism to paganism or other religions. And the bolded doesn't help your argument at all. You're merely stating "interesting facts".

But aren't most atheist proabortion, pro euthanasia, and pro sexual hedonism?

Oliver4p1 said:
Jesus waits for you

No lucifer waits for y'all with a torch and chains

Around the Network

We are far closer to making it illegal to not practice a religion then we are to making it illegal to practice religion.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Won't happen. Though some will say yes because if another religion is allowed to practice then their religion is losing freedom.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Ka-pi96 said:
marioboy2004 said:

Wow I didn't know Jesus Christ was pro slavery you wouldn't say LOl

Just because it doesn't discourage it doesn't mean it's pro slavery.

Can you point out what book of the New Testament (as the Old Testament is shared among Jews, Muslims etc) condones slavery?  Paul, Peter, Luke?

WagnerPaiva said:
o_O.Q said:

Well I've heard more about making humans partially synthetic and thus is already happening via technology such as implants which are used by some for identification and tracking kids and so on 

Yes, the things I saw were for transplants as well. When it is about protetics and stuff like that I really can not say it is wrong, after all, it is such a sorrow to lose a limb.

I know those researches also focus on doing good, with pig hearts and stuff like that, but it is pretty weird. I don´t think I would want to have a cow organ inside me.

No I'm not talking about life saving I mean synthetics being used under the guise of simply being convenient which if it becomes popular could affect the population adversely 

Besides being an abomination consider for a second the government bring able to gather information on you not from the devices you use but actually symptoms from reading data from synthetic structures inside of you

I know it may sound crazy but it's the way things may go and some Christians believe this may be how the so called mark of the best will be formed 

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
o_O.Q said:

At this point I'm not even really sure what we're talking about now but it seems to me though that you're insulting theists 

"If you do not have enough mental fortitude to decide your own values"

That is the point of theism that a set of values is used by a set of people and sure there will be some differences in interpretation bur from what I've experienced for the most part the values are universal across a group

Incorrect. There is no "point" of theism, its merely describes what theistic religions are, a set of beleifs and values that entails the belief of a higher power., all of that extra crap is just baseless assumption.

there are non-theistic religions as well: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=non-theistic+religion&l=1

Religions are subjective (up to interpretation by nature), the only thing that is universal is the core beliefs and values themselves. You keep tacking on all this extra crap to make it seem like religion itself is bad, when its is literally just an intangiable human construct belief system.

And now you're saying Im insulting theists?

You are the one ignorantly assuming that all theists don't have the mental fortitude to decide their own values as if deciding to believe in Christinaity or any other Religion is unfathomable. Making sweeping generallizations because all you see are the extremist and don't have the rational thought to divorce a persons actions with the values they claim to have, can't even question why someone would molest children and claim to be a servant of a religion that expressely forbids it.

If you don't have the mental fortitude, you can be brainwashed by any system of belief whether it be Nilhism, Atheism, Theism, Etc.

And I don't understand how anyone using rational thinking would find it hard to believe that people abusing their power is not unique to religion.

Seriously, you claim that you feel that we could be in the dream of some kind of higher being and yet you can't open your mind to the possiblity that People do bad things because they want to?

Lol I'm if the only way you can have a discussion is by distorting what the person you are talking to says then I met say I find that quite sad and beyond that is making me more and more reluctant to continue this discussion 

Firstly I didn't say religion is bad for someone who speaks of having a wide perspective you fail at it again and again... It did not somehow occur to you that regardless of my criticism of something that I may somehow still consider it as a whole to be good

Secondly

"

You are the one ignorantly assuming that all theists don't have the mental fortitude to decide their own values as if deciding to believe in Christinaity or any other Religion is unfathomable"

Lol I'll be honest and say you're losing me here the most how can someone be Christian for example and disregard what makes them Christian? Which is obviously christian values as mandated by the bible should they choose to disregard them... Uh...wild they then not be Christian? 

If someone's values are causing a particular behaviour how can you divorce the 2?

Lol finally I addressed the rest of your post which is basically your nasty habit of claiming I've stated things I actually have not with my first point