By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What year did you start to explore the wonderful internet?

I started about 2002-2003ish. Has anybody been here in the 90s. What was it like?If nobody understands what I mean I'm asking when did you first start to use the internet daily.

Around the Network

I'd say around 96-97.

I remember when a friend asked me if I've seen "the cool new internetsomething thing that they are demonstrating at the expo down town". I was totally uninterested in it and I didnt catch the concept from his description. 

It was the era of gif animations and web-ribbons on every page.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

Well I played my first MMO in the 90s so I think that qualifies...I learned to program in HTML in the late 90s also =P

I don't know the exact date but I would bet my first time on the internet was probably late '94 or '95 but my earliest memory was from around holloween and I thought it was very boring since there wasn't much of anything to do (I was young then so reading was teh boring). I think it was '96 before I ever really surfed the web though and I remember playing my first web based game which had to do with operating a lemonade stand =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

'93 at Keele university.

In the late 80s, before there was the www... was just ftp, and smtp back then, and gopher was just starting...

Around the Network

93, after Mosaic launched.

96 when yahoo was not what it is today. Chat was totally different. My god I it must of looked bad.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I think he was referring to the internet as the World Wide Web specifically (the two words have the same meaning now but it wasn't always the case). Which unless I am mistaken (its been a while since I learned this) was created back in '89 by Tim Berners-Lee and not Al Gore no matter what he tells you lol.

I'm not entirely sure when the first time I utilized non-web based computer communications but I know it involved a BBS =) I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who were using similar stuff long before I was either way.

To Each Man, Responsibility

96-97 i guess..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Early 2003,which was pretty late. :)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k