By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Proof that MS won E3 against Sony

Rafie said:
jnemesh said:
platformmaster918 said:
jnemesh said:
platformmaster918 said:
MS is in a dead heat this holiday with Sony and then 2015 it looks like Sony is starting to gain the edge. Even if a game is on Ps3 like LBP3 or LoU Remastered, the perceived value of the PS4 keeps increasing because A.)those games are better and best played on PS4 and B.) they will be advertised and exhibited on PS4 which is only right because they are a legit reason to buy the system just like MCC is a reason to buy Xbox. Then you've got all the great Plus games which just keep coming (and will include Driveclub this October) which help word of mouth and of course Destiny and FC4 favoritism which helps PS4. Then in February you've got The Order and Bloodborne with Uncharted ready to balance out Halo in the blockbuster department at the holidays (not in sales probably but again in perceived value).

If you mean by "Dead Heat" being outsold three to one, yep...

well I'm talking incentive to buy.  Halo, Forza, and Sunset balance out with LBP, Driveclub, and LoU as far as games the others don't have (plus indies though I don't know when most of those are scheduled to come out.  Now of course the Destiny bundle and FC4 advertising may skew things in PS4's favor but lest we forget MS's traditionally stronger holidays and US sales presence (where Christmas is strongest) where they will be advertising the COD DLC once again and maybe have a bundle with COD and/or ACU (judging by E3 demo).

Well, if you liked what you saw, and are interested in those titles, then sure.  That's a personal preference thing.  But I don't think the MAJORITY of gamers who HAVEN'T decided yet will be swayed by that lineup.  Most chatter you hear online are from people more excited about titles like Destiny, Assasin's Creed, COD, and other big name multiplatform titles...and by now, everyone knows those games will look and play better on the PS4 (and have exclusive content to boot on most)

As far as the exclusive count, I don't think many people noticed, but there are a LOT of Sony exclusive titles that were not mentioned at E3...I am betting by the end of Gamescon and the TGS you will see another 4-6 BIG Sony exclusive titles announced.  As far as exclusive titles go...Sony has ALWAYS had significantly more...even last gen.  It should be no surprise to anyone that they have more exclusives this gen.  All you have to do is go to wikipedia and look for "List of Xbox One Games" and "List of PS4 games" to see a comparison of everything that has been announced and confirmed so far...it's not even close!

We will see how things play out the rest of this year...but I am betting that the Xbox continues to sell at it's current slow pace, while PS4 starts widening the lead, even in the US and UK.  It's not about being a fan, or being particularly loyal to Sony, just so you know...I bought (several) Xbox 360s last generation along with my PS3...but this gen we have one console that wasn't designed with games as the priority, to me it's about supporting the console that does.

Well we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves with that. The Xbox has a good amount of great games coming. Sales will definitely go up at a good pace. Also the U.S. is THEE market that can go either way. Even now. That market is never set in stone.

"we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves"?  Have you been paying attention to XBox sales this year?  They sold 3 million consoles at launch...then haven't even been able to sell 2 million more in the past SIX MONTHS!  Titanfall didn't reverse the negative trend, and now, it's looking less and less like the $399 sku will reverse it either!  Just looking at the facts on the ground, it's looking like, EVEN IN THE US, the Xbox is going to get outsold 2 to 1 this year...possibly much more.

Around the Network
jnemesh said:
Rafie said:
jnemesh said:
platformmaster918 said:
jnemesh said:
platformmaster918 said:
MS is in a dead heat this holiday with Sony and then 2015 it looks like Sony is starting to gain the edge. Even if a game is on Ps3 like LBP3 or LoU Remastered, the perceived value of the PS4 keeps increasing because A.)those games are better and best played on PS4 and B.) they will be advertised and exhibited on PS4 which is only right because they are a legit reason to buy the system just like MCC is a reason to buy Xbox. Then you've got all the great Plus games which just keep coming (and will include Driveclub this October) which help word of mouth and of course Destiny and FC4 favoritism which helps PS4. Then in February you've got The Order and Bloodborne with Uncharted ready to balance out Halo in the blockbuster department at the holidays (not in sales probably but again in perceived value).

If you mean by "Dead Heat" being outsold three to one, yep...

well I'm talking incentive to buy.  Halo, Forza, and Sunset balance out with LBP, Driveclub, and LoU as far as games the others don't have (plus indies though I don't know when most of those are scheduled to come out.  Now of course the Destiny bundle and FC4 advertising may skew things in PS4's favor but lest we forget MS's traditionally stronger holidays and US sales presence (where Christmas is strongest) where they will be advertising the COD DLC once again and maybe have a bundle with COD and/or ACU (judging by E3 demo).

Well, if you liked what you saw, and are interested in those titles, then sure.  That's a personal preference thing.  But I don't think the MAJORITY of gamers who HAVEN'T decided yet will be swayed by that lineup.  Most chatter you hear online are from people more excited about titles like Destiny, Assasin's Creed, COD, and other big name multiplatform titles...and by now, everyone knows those games will look and play better on the PS4 (and have exclusive content to boot on most)

As far as the exclusive count, I don't think many people noticed, but there are a LOT of Sony exclusive titles that were not mentioned at E3...I am betting by the end of Gamescon and the TGS you will see another 4-6 BIG Sony exclusive titles announced.  As far as exclusive titles go...Sony has ALWAYS had significantly more...even last gen.  It should be no surprise to anyone that they have more exclusives this gen.  All you have to do is go to wikipedia and look for "List of Xbox One Games" and "List of PS4 games" to see a comparison of everything that has been announced and confirmed so far...it's not even close!

We will see how things play out the rest of this year...but I am betting that the Xbox continues to sell at it's current slow pace, while PS4 starts widening the lead, even in the US and UK.  It's not about being a fan, or being particularly loyal to Sony, just so you know...I bought (several) Xbox 360s last generation along with my PS3...but this gen we have one console that wasn't designed with games as the priority, to me it's about supporting the console that does.

Well we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves with that. The Xbox has a good amount of great games coming. Sales will definitely go up at a good pace. Also the U.S. is THEE market that can go either way. Even now. That market is never set in stone.

"we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves"?  Have you been paying attention to XBox sales this year?  They sold 3 million consoles at launch...then haven't even been able to sell 2 million more in the past SIX MONTHS!  Titanfall didn't reverse the negative trend, and now, it's looking less and less like the $399 sku will reverse it either!  Just looking at the facts on the ground, it's looking like, EVEN IN THE US, the Xbox is going to get outsold 2 to 1 this year...possibly much more.

The XBO is not getting outsold 2:1 in the US, not even close.  There are still more active 360 gamers online than there are on any other console.  People are still waiting to upgrade and I do not blame them.  XBO will pass 6 million easily by the end of the year. 

jnemesh said:

It's definitely not getting outsold 2:1 in the U.S. WW....sure. Still, we know the NA is a market that isn't brand loyal. Microsoft had that market for the vast majority of last gen. When Halo 5 comes out, I'm sure XBox will outsell the PS4 for that time. No doubt that the PS4 is killing it right now, but NA is a toss up and it's way too early in the generation to count out Xbox in that market. That's all I'm saying.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:

It's definitely not getting outsold 2:1 in the U.S. WW....sure. Still, we know the NA is a market that isn't brand loyal. Microsoft had that market for the vast majority of last gen. When Halo 5 comes out, I'm sure XBox will outsell the PS4 for that time. No doubt that the PS4 is killing it right now, but NA is a toss up and it's way too early in the generation to count out Xbox in that market. That's all I'm saying.

So, Xbox is going to live or die on a title not being released for a YEAR AND A HALF?  One title, no matter how good, is not going to save the console.  By next year, it will be 3:1 in favor of PS4, and by that time, MS may well decide to pull the plug.

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

Well I certainly don't want to argue the subject because I can't predict the future of the market. I'm just blind speculating from Xbox's previous history. I don't know what's going to be sold or not. I just know that North America doesn't have brand loyalty like other regions do. I really do feel like it will be a toss up in North America between the 2. Halo could very well change things, or not. However, it will be successful. There's no doubting that.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron