By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As a Wii U owner from launch, I feel ripped off by Nintendo...

First world problems

Around the Network

This has been known since before Wii U was launched even - I think. It baffled me then, it does now.

It's also ironic that this larger battery launched in Japan first, and there had been no word of it coming to the West, so after a long while I imported one, which wasn't cheap. Then about a week later Nintendo announced they were bringing it West, and a lot cheaper than what I paid for it, of course. T_T

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

d21lewis said:
Meh. My adapter is two feet away from my sofa. For me, it's no worse than when I have to plug in an Xbox or Playstation controller.

Same here

My charger is like 2 feet away. I usually just have a habit of playing whiwhile charging. I occasionally take it out some times but always plug it back in before going dead

2 hour battery life!!!! are you F**king serious? and I thought the PS4 controller was bad -.-

I can see the annoyance, but it's not a problem for me personally. It gets way better battery life than my laptop currently, that's for sure.

I've had it for six months and can probably get 4+ hours out of it. Push comes to shove I can plug it in, but with my gaming sessions maxing about 3 hours I haven't had to yet, never even had a battery warning.

Around the Network

Yeah, OP. Lower the brightness to about 4 (I think) and turn on thr power save mode. It'll still be bright and look great and improve your battery life.

Its the same for all the consoles and pretty much been that way for a while. The PS4 will be cheaper in the long run and they will probably make a nicer model, same thing as the Xbone.

I got my Wii U 4days after it launched and my gamepad last 4-5 hours...

hmph i wasnt aware of this until now, the fact it was designed to house a bigger battery perfectly is very gimped, not matter what anyone says. none the less, still like my wii-u.

MikeRox said:

What's the big deal? I bought my Wii U Premium for £349.99 on launch day and upon opening it, clearly got a gimped battery which barely managed 2 hours of game time without needing charging and I've had to pay a further £25 for the privelage of having a moderately acceptable battery life which is now included as standard apparently with the newer Wii U systems (traditionally Nintendo reduced functionality rather than improved it).

2 Hours!? What in the hell are you doing? Standing across a brick wall while on maximum brightness, trying to stream YouTube?

Standard battery life is 4-5 hours.