By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crap IS selling crap on Wii!

PDC World Championship Darts 08
Oxygen212,19543,820
Winter Sports: The Ultimate Challenge
Conspiracy17,4147,414
Bomberman Land
Ubisoft36,43128,906
Go Diego Go! Safari Rescue
Take 216,2376,237
My Horse & Me
Atari26,20916,354

Luckily...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Good looking out man, I been fiending for that "Go Diego Go" for a minute. I'm going to buy this and go over my friend's house and play it.

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767

Actually, Darts is only out in Others currently and after 2 weeks, those numbers aren't bad at all.

Winter Sports in actually MUCH higher than that. It was released December 18th in NA, even earlier in Europe and has sold quite well on Amazon at least. No idea why VGCharts has only just started tracking it. Actual numbers are probably at least 300k ww and likely higher than that.  If it's still selling over 7k a week, it shows this game has good legs.  Hate to say it, but it won't surprise me one bit if this game breaks a million.

It's funny you call that crap only because you don't like it. My nieces and nephews actually love those games and they serve their purpose beautifully.

They really don't care if the gameplay is perfect or there's an insane amount of polish. All they care about is that they get to see pretty horses or their favorite cartoon characters on the screen. Games like My Horse and Me and Go Diego Go serve just that purpose and were made for exactly what they do. If you don't like them that's cool but don't pretend for a second that those aren't successful games.

Is it really that hard to understand that these are just bad game games and it doesn't matter because they were never meant to be actual good games by our standards?

-edit-

Also, before you give me that well the games should be fun regardless of subject crap, that's not true in this case.  For games like this or Cars, Shrek, Dora the Explorer, or Little Einstein's fun doesn't matter.  The kids really are too young to appreciate a good game and they only want to see the characters they like.  These games are made to show those characters off and be painfully simple.  

These games do just that and are wonderfully successful. 

I thought the Dart game was only released in the UK? That sport is quite popular here, they even have a "Premier League" for it (although they have only 8 players)!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

You know, there's one problem in lists like this, when sports games are included. It's just that sports games usually are targeted towards sports fans.
Although, the darts game seems pretty useless (unless it has Wi-Fi), since a darts board is cheaper than the game. But still, Wii is the first console that makes a darts game interesting.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

that darts game is actually fun.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

twesterm said:

It's funny you call that crap only because you don't like it. My nieces and nephews actually love those games and they serve their purpose beautifully.

They really don't care if the gameplay is perfect or there's an insane amount of polish. All they care about is that they get to see pretty horses or their favorite cartoon characters on the screen. Games like My Horse and Me and Go Diego Go serve just that purpose and were made for exactly what they do. If you don't like them that's cool but don't pretend for a second that those aren't successful games.

Is it really that hard to understand that these are just bad game games and it doesn't matter because they were never meant to be actual good games by our standards?

-edit-

Also, before you give me that well the games should be fun regardless of subject crap, that's not true in this case.  For games like this or Cars, Shrek, Dora the Explorer, or Little Einstein's fun doesn't matter.  The kids really are too young to appreciate a good game and they only want to see the characters they like.  These games are made to show those characters off and be painfully simple.  

These games do just that and are wonderfully successful. 

while i see your point (and im not commenting specifically on the games listed), a broken game is a broken game. If my niece wanted a game and I was the one to shell out the $40/50, then I certainly wouldn't spend it on chicken shoot. 

However, for her, i see nothing wrong with games like cars. 

Darts will outsell all other "crappy" games combined!

That dart game looks like it might be fun. I guess it won't run on a US console though.