By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SW / WW Hardware - week ending 14th June

sundin13 said:
Wii U hold is decent, and those SW sales for MK8 are splendid

Also, did XBO get a Kinect-less SKU in EU too? Because those sales are terrible...

yes

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Shoot I was so wrong abt kinectless I thought 100k for sure. Best wait for npd though. If PS4 can be this close on kinectless week then USA may be lost for Xb one. Consumer obviously didn't really see this as a price cut of any significance. Dead in Europe of course.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

X1 can't be that low, I don't remember a price drop ever having that little of an effect.

*Insert comment, its not a price drop ur losing kinect*

Disgusting numbers all around but omg at X1! I know it's the summer drought coming but wow. A $100 price cut and they still couldn't outsell PS4 in the US. UK is the same story.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Hope Wii U goes back to 30k per region.

WHY?! dont you want all consoles to do good

30k per region = 30k x 3= 90k. So he wants the Wii U to do good. What was your point?

Around the Network

I expected bigger numbers from the xone,this was the week its all been building and leading up to.. next week its only gonna be smaller and then smaller the week after...I wonder if it even really won this week(in n.a)

Those sales are a pile of wank and then some.

cycycychris said:

Really bad numbers for Xbone, I mean really bad. A kinectless bundle did nothing! who knows why the PS4 had a big drop like that. The Wii U kind of sadly low right now, I was hoping to would staying higher for a longer period of time but hopefully the baseline is not far away. 3DS barely holding on. Kind of sad the drop it has had. Vita still doing terrible in the West. I really want to believe these should be very accurate numbers since how long it took to post them.

Also what's up with that random fishing game on the Wii that showed up on the USA chart.

Sales nearly doubled?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Zekkyou said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
DerNebel said:

It's not? I mean sure, if chart position are all you're looking at then maybe it's a good week for Nintendo but in actual sales I really don't see how this is a good week.

It's better than in weeks before Mario Kart 8 was released so it's better now and therefore it's not a bad week for Nintendo ;) And the 3DS is on first place and the WiiU does sell better in Japan as the PlayStation 4 ;)

That doesn't make their numbers good, it just means they did slightly less badly. The WiiU has already dropped to half what MK8 boosted it too (and will likley continue to drop), and the 3DS is down from 230k last year to 103k this year. I don't expect Nintendo are pleased.

Funny thing is though Sony's total hardware sales for this week are actually higher than Nintendo's :p Both are still awful.

68k + 103k= 171k

99k+31k=130k

??

Sonys HW sales:

ps4 99k

ps3 50k

psv 31k

psp 12k

total: 192k

nintendo HW sales:

3ds 103k

Wii U 68k

Wii ~6k

total: 177k

192>177

starcraft said:
cycycychris said:

Really bad numbers for Xbone, I mean really bad. A kinectless bundle did nothing! who knows why the PS4 had a big drop like that. The Wii U kind of sadly low right now, I was hoping to would staying higher for a longer period of time but hopefully the baseline is not far away. 3DS barely holding on. Kind of sad the drop it has had. Vita still doing terrible in the West. I really want to believe these should be very accurate numbers since how long it took to post them.

Also what's up with that random fishing game on the Wii that showed up on the USA chart.

Sales nearly doubled?

I think most people were expecting like over 100k(he most likely thought that too) so he isnt impressed since its not what he predicted but it still doubled

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3