By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Much Will Xbox One lead Wii U by the End of the Year?

drake_tolu said:

LOL, you creed that XBOX ONE sell 11,000,000, for sell so much they they must sold 215,000 on week(280,000 for 13,000,000) and this is IMPOSSIBLE.
10,500,000 Wii U
8,500,000 XBOX ONE.

So Wii U will sell 145k a  week from now on?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I believe the real question is how much will the Wii U lead the Xbox one by the end of the year, because as it stands now the Xbox one will still be in third place in 2015.

I doubt it will have a lead. Probably -1.5 M

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I actually believe that by the end of 2014 WiiU will still be ahead of Xbox One. The gap will be almost negligible, though. In 2015 One will take the lead.

They'll be briefly tied at 10,090,466 at 11:47 pm GMT, (please note, not BST) Dec, 31st 2014.

Around the Network

Lot of opinions floating around here, but here are the facts.

Sales Stats

-This year, the Wii U has sold 1.0M (VGC), and the Xbox One has sold 1.5M (VGC)

-That means that the XB1 has sold roughly 50% more than the Wii U consistantly this year.

-XB1 is curently behind the Wii U world wide by ~1.7M, but has already outsold it in NA (lifetime).

Deciding Factors for the rest of the year.

-XB1 will be avaliable without Kinect for $100 cheaper than it has been previously.

-XB1 will release in 20+ more countries later this year including, but not limited to Japan, China, India, & the rest of Europe.

-Both XB1 & Wii U have a solid line up of exclusives this year.

WII U:  Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros., Toad Treasure Tracker, Hyrule Warriors, & Sonic Boom.

XB1:  Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo MCC, Disiney Fantasia, Dance Central (not retail),  Ori and The Blind Forest (Not Retail), & Project Spark.

-XB1 will also have a wide array of 3rd Party titles to help it out such as Destiny, AC Unity, FarCry4, GTA V, Minecraft, Evolve, CoD, Battlefield, Dragon Age Inquizition, LoTR: Shadow of Moridor, Alien Isolation, The Crew, ect.

EDIT:  Also, I just wanted to mention that if you don't include how much the Wii U has sold in Japan (1.7M), it's lifetime salse would be equal to the X1 (4.5M).

How much has Wii U HW sold so far this year? I played around with the charts but can't find the answer I'm looking for.

Someone else mentioned it started the year at 5.4 million which would mean that if that's the case than it hasn't even reached a million yet in the first 6 months of the year, and with no major releases confirmed for this year I don't think it will even reach 9 million by the end of the year without a price cut.

toastboy44562 said:

I say at least 2 million. Wii U will hit around 9 million by years end. Xbox One should be at 11-13 million.

If you're so confident then why don't you bet on it?

toastboy44562 said:
Youre forgetting Xbox One will have a price cut. that should make a larger % increase than the 360. Also Xbox One has huge franchises coming to xbox one that were not popular or did not come on xbox 360 in 2006. Minecraft, call of duty, gta5, assassins creed, halo 1, halo 2, halo 3, halo 4, halo 5 beta, Destiny, sunset overdrive, forzas horizons, fable legends beta, more indies than 360, dance evolution, elder scrolls online (i think). Titanfall and watchdogs are still system sellers as well. Xbox One will also be released in 55 more countries. Expect exponentional growth for Xbox One!

Not sure why you think I'm forgetting anything. I'm accounting for every one of those factors, just as I'm accounting for the fact that the Xbox 360 was first out of the gate and thus had a slower start than it otherwise would have had (people like to wait to see the other systems before jumping in), that it didn't have a truly major title until November 2006 (Gears of War) while Xbox One had Titanfall already release (which saw little impact on weekly sales beyond the first few weeks), and that Watch Dogs caused a significant boost to PS4 sales but not very much of a boost to Xbox One sales.

I'm also factoring in the fact that Xbox 360 had a lot of exclusives, while Xbox One mostly has mostly multiplatforms.

As for the other countries... the thing is, the Xbox One was delayed in those countries because they're not exactly big for Microsoft. Japan, of course, is the main country on the list... and the Xbox 360 didn't even make 2 million total there.

And on a less videogame-specific point, "exponential" doesn't just mean "big". Exponential growth is simply not going to happen. Perhaps "strong growth". Exponential growth could mean that it will increase in total by 0.1% per week, for a total growth to the end of the year of about 3% - the term "exponential" doesn't actually say anything about the magnitude of growth.

Wii U will lead by 1million-2million