By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I was banned. missed you guys a lot.

Tagged games:

Have you ever being banned from VGChartz?

Yes, once. 12 25.53%

Yep, lots of times. 7 14.89%

Nope, I am a good guy. 28 59.57%

Total:47

Well, I've been banned like 7 times for spamming, once for trolling (Joke post... -_-)

One of my best stories of getting banned, though, was on Zeldainformer.

I made a troll account named "I'm11AndInLove" and kept spamming threads about how I was in love. At least 15. One of them said "I love and lust her."

The one before I got banned, I said that she cheated on me.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:

So I did some stupid comentaries comments about part of the Gametrailers.com website and the moderators banned me from VGChartz for 3 days.

Basicaly I hate Kyle Bosman and te the Mandatory Update duo, but I was not very fortunate in the way that I expressed it. I actually feel sorry about it, specially because I really love VGChartz and all you guys.

It was like being on purgatory or something, or being a criminal... I did visited the site but could not coment in the threads, it was pretty sad =/

So, anyone have some war stories to share? What were the things that got you guys banned? Any banning virgins around?

Please do not say the thing that got you banned in a literal way, just give us a hint of it...

Your English is really good. I thought I would help you out a bit on a few mistakes you are making. You also use commas where you could put full stops but this is the internet and I know people are more relaxed when it comes to grammar.

Also at the beginning where you put did. Made would be a better choice of word.

on-topic: have been banned a few times. Mainly for bashing members and the old wii console. You said no specifics so.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Nintentacle said:
Well, I've been banned like 7 times for spamming, once for trolling (Joke post... -_-)

I made a troll account named "I'm11AndInLove" and kept spamming threads about how I was in love. At least 15. One of them said "I love and lust her."

I could never be a moderator, I love these kind of goofy things, would never ban you for that.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

RolStoppable said:
Your personal stories are not Gaming Discussion, even though you do get played on here at times.

I honestly forgot to put this on General Discussion man, sorry. And, I guess you are right about the second point you made too.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Welcome back! :)
Never ever been banned before. I do have 1 moderation for flaming though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Nintentacle said:

I could never be a moderator, I love these kind of goofy things, would never ban you for that.

Yeah, Zeldainformer mods don't know how to have fun!

They should have just told me to cut down on the excessive thread making, and not ban my IP address!

I got banned a few times years ago for MASSIVELY baiting some PS3 fans. I would just be incredibly polite for the entirety of massive threads as they got angrier and angrier and eventually imploded. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say anything untrue, but at some point you need to let it go and agree to disagree.

The Mods let me go for ages and banned them so many times before they cottoned on, but after that I had to pick up my game fast.

More recently I got banned by myself for messing up the Most Wanted thread while it was in prep.

Bad Starcraft.

Edit: Also, good thread, Mods love a bit of contrition

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I almist got banned once for calling RolStoppable names, but then I realized that he is actually a wonderful person and quickly edited my post.
If Croatia wins tonight, I might even appologize to him.

Serious_frusting said:
WagnerPaiva said:

So I did some stupid comentaries comments about part of the Gametrailers.com website and the moderators banned me from VGChartz for 3 days.

Basicaly I hate Kyle Bosman and te the Mandatory Update duo, but I was not very fortunate in the way that I expressed it. I actually feel sorry about it, specially because I really love VGChartz and all you guys.

It was like being on purgatory or something, or being a criminal... I did visited the site but could not coment in the threads, it was pretty sad =/

So, anyone have some war stories to share? What were the things that got you guys banned? Any banning virgins around?

Please do not say the thing that got you banned in a literal way, just give us a hint of it...

Your English is really good. I thought I would help you out a bit on a few mistakes you are making. You also use commas where you could put full stops but this is the internet and I know people are more relaxed when it comes to grammar.

Also at the beginning where you put did. Made would be a better choice of word.

on-topic: have been banned a few times. Mainly for bashing members and the old wii console. You said no specifics so.

Thanks man, I will correct it and will try to pay more attention from now on. As you know I am a brazilian living in Brazil and, unlike Ethomaz and some of the other brazilians here, I am a pretty lowbrow fellow, so, it is nice to get some hints from time to time.

About your banning, I guess the Wii was a very easy target back in the day...

starcraft said:

I got banned a few times years ago for MASSIVELY baiting some PS3 fans. I would just be incredibly polite for the entirety of massive threads as they got angrier and angrier and eventually imploded. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say anything untrue, but at some point you need to let it go and agree to disagree.

The Mods let me go for ages and banned them so many times before they cottoned on, but after that I had to pick up my game fast.

More recently I got banned by myself for messing up the Most Wanted thread while it was in prep.

Bad Starcraft.

Edit: Also, good thread, Mods love a bit of contrition

You banned yourself? That's like getting yourself pregnant. Mind=Blown.